Do you think we made a mistake at DC

Started by Austin85, June 22, 2024, 05:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Did our head coach make jump the gun on the DC position?
Opinions ?

Austin85

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Austin85 on June 22, 2024, 05:05:27 AMDid our head coach make jump the gun on the DC position?
Opinions ?

Considering Richie Hall is still on staff as an advisor I don't think we'd have a vastly different result.

If a mistake has been made, it's not finding the right mix along the defensive line.

Jesse

Still more concerned with the offence than the defence.
My wife is amazing!

Road Griller

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Road Griller on June 22, 2024, 05:09:27 AMThe HC is the problem.

These are the troll posts that work. Good for you.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on June 22, 2024, 05:08:18 AMStill more concerned with the offence than the defence.

I don't genuinely know how that could be possible but please elaborate?

Road Griller

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 22, 2024, 05:10:36 AMThese are the troll posts that work. Good for you.

Not trolling, said from day 1 this team was heading in the wrong direction.

Nobody listened.  They told me the best people were on it.

They were wrong.  Not my fault.

It's early, time for major changes and they can turn it around.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 22, 2024, 05:11:18 AMI don't genuinely know how that could be possible but please elaborate?

People get caught up with yards,  it the points allowed have not been terrible in any of the three games, especially with how much the defense has been on the field.

Not to mention the copious amounts of guys on the 6 game and rookies all over the defence.

My wife is amazing!

BBFANDM

It could be they made the wrong choice at DC but what about the job that the OC is doing they have been the biggest problem this year and they only have one major injury, D has 3 Injuries.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Road Griller on June 22, 2024, 05:21:55 AMNot trolling, said from day 1 this team was heading in the wrong direction.

Nobody listened.  They told me the best people were on it.

They were wrong.  Not my fault.

It's early, time for major changes and they can turn it around.

I don't know why I feed the trolls, but I'll bite.

You've now argued Collaros is terrible and should be benched, and Osh is the problem.

The two combined that led us to TWO consecutive Grey Cup championships after 28 years outside looking in, and continued to get us to two more championship games.

If you were in charge years ago, Bud Grant would've been fired after 2 grey cup wins and a subsequent loss, and Ploen would've been benched.

ModAdmin

Quote from: BBFANDM on June 22, 2024, 05:34:27 AMIt could be they made the wrong choice at DC but what about the job that the OC is doing they have been the biggest problem this year and they only have one major injury, D has 3 Injuries.

They also replaced 2 Olinemen, lost one of their star receivers, had their #1 RB on the injury list and is just now re-integrating into service again and lost another receiver to free agency.  The struggle on offence is not just about "one major injury".
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blueforlife

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 22, 2024, 05:38:42 AMI don't know why I feed the trolls, but I'll bite.

You've now argued Collaros is terrible and should be benched, and Osh is the problem.

The two combined that led us to TWO consecutive Grey Cup championships after 28 years outside looking in, and continued to get us to two more championship games.

If you were in charge years ago, Bud Grant would've been fired after 2 grey cup wins and a subsequent loss, and Ploen would've been benched.

Your posts is awesome man

BBFANDM

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 22, 2024, 05:41:15 AMThey also replaced 2 Olinemen, lost one of their star receivers, had their #1 RB on the injury list and is just now re-integrating into service again and lost another receiver to free agency.  The struggle on offence is not just about "one major injury".

Agreed our offence isn't struggling because of our injuries, I believe it starts with our Oline not being nearly as good as it has been the past 4 years and our QB seems to have lost his ability to scramble.

Road Griller

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 22, 2024, 05:38:42 AMI don't know why I feed the trolls, but I'll bite.

That's great, #99 was amazing at hockey.

Doesn't mean he is the answer today.

This team is bad today, it was bad a week ago, it was bad two weeks ago.

This team will be bad next week.

The signs were there, people kept saying they made all the right decisions and don't question a thing.  It's all rainbows and unicorns.  Don't worry.

I said they will go 3-15, and miss the playoffs and they scoffed.  Make no mistake, they will miss the playoffs.