S. Lemon

Started by Blue In BC, June 19, 2024, 10:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 05, 2024, 02:58:19 PMHowever do the Argos really want a QB who is the face of the team with that perception pinned to his tail?

100% yes!  They want to win.  Teams have figured out Dukes.  I looked at the Dukes stats and every week he gets less passing yards (pretty much).

They certainly won't care for 2024.  I guess if Pinball really cared he could consider ditching or trading Kelly in the off-season... but I wouldn't bet money on that!!

Besides, if Kelly doesn't "reform", almost certainly he'll screw up again.  Dude should get a wife, one that will keep tabs on him and bring the hammer!  Could be the best thing to ever happen to him.  Often will make a fella grow up right fast!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 05, 2024, 03:25:06 PMQuestion is what proof does the CFL have?  I'm sure they don't have access to his financial records and the company he bet with likely would not readily hand over bettor information even if they kept a record of it, which I don't know if they do.

Well how did they find out to begin with?  They almost certainly have a whistleblower, whether someone inside the betting company, or some player Lemon bragged to, or a family member.  Loose lips sink Lemons.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 05, 2024, 05:40:53 PMJust wondering what security mechanisms the CFL has at their disposal, do they hire private detectives to do investigative work?  I have no idea how they investigated the Chad Kelly affair.

They told us in the Kelly incident already... check out the old Kelly thread.  CFL admitted they hired a Sask-based PI firm, which I find simply hilarious, because when I think of private eyes, I think of Regina...  ;D  ;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Can we appeal out Game 1 loss for "Use of an illegal player"? 

Lemon have the most tackles and sacks of any Al.  His presence on the field affected the game.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 06:45:45 PMCan we appeal out Game 1 loss for "Use of an illegal player"? 

"Illegal Participation, Gambling Player, Retroactive 300 yard penalty, Game result is overturned!"

I'm on board with that!  Make it so, number one!
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2024, 07:24:38 AMThey told us in the Kelly incident already... check out the old Kelly thread.  CFL admitted they hired a Sask-based PI firm, which I find simply hilarious, because when I think of private eyes, I think of Regina...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Did you not know Thomas Magnum PI is from Sask?! :D

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 07, 2024, 05:23:20 AM"Illegal Participation, Gambling Player, Retroactive 300 yard penalty, Game result is overturned!"

Wesley.....stop being a twit! :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 08, 2024, 10:01:30 PMDid you not know Thomas Magnum PI is from Sask?! :D

Remind me of SCTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVcivvkBgmw

The CFL is using the Regina version: "put that wheat and potash back, punk!"
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 07, 2024, 05:23:20 AM"Illegal Participation, Gambling Player, Retroactive 300 yard penalty, Game result is overturned!"

That's part of the issue in allowing a player to play while in arbitration. You can't take back what is allowed to proceed.

The Lemon case is the perfect example since it's the 1st time we've had a permanent ban from playing. His suspension might be reduced so there might be something acceptable as a result.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Early August was when this was supposed to be decided. Clock is ticking.

Same for the Kelly minimum 9 game suspension. Argos are on a bye after their next game. Als have a short week after game 9.

Next 2 weeks should be interesting on both fronts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stretch

I seem to remember that this process was delayed a little because Lemon's lawyers submitted a large number of affidavits. Don't recall when the hearing will be held though.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.