S. Lemon

Started by Blue In BC, June 19, 2024, 10:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Anyone hear anything about the status of his appeal? Game 3 and he's still playing. That's total BS.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Ya, I thought it was BS when I got to PAS and saw him on the field.  I knew he'd be big trouble, and he was.

Those who said "just imagine if we had signed Lemon late '23" were/are right.  Not only would we have probably won the GC because MTL would have gotten way less pressure, but we'd have an instant solution to our 2024 DL woes.

Woulda coulda shoulda.  Whisper was we did look at it... probably wasn't enough SMS left.

Who would have thought a totally aged-out geriatric and plump DE would be so fast and dominant.  In week 1 he actually ran down Demski from behind on a sweep.  Actually out-sped him.  I have no words for this.
Never go full Rider!

Road Griller

If we had Lemon I bet we would have won.  I imagine he would as well....

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 19, 2024, 11:23:49 PMIf we had Lemon I bet we would have won.  I imagine he would as well....
Your posts sure make a lot of assumptions

Stats Junkie

According to Dave Naylor the arbitration hearing will be the first week of July.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

ModAdmin

Where is this headed.  Seems simple...he bet on games or he didn't bet on games.  Cut and dried? 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 20, 2024, 06:23:01 AMWhere is this headed.  Seems simple...he bet on games or he didn't bet on games.  Cut and dried? 

Maybe the question is about the # of games.  I think gambling like this is without precedent in the CFL?  So one could say X games or Y seasons is arbitrary and fight for a reduced punishment.

On the bright side, if we make it to the GC this year, and it's MTL, we won't have to deal with him.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 20, 2024, 06:09:30 AMAccording to Dave Naylor the arbitration hearing will be the first week of July.

That's garbage, he should be suspended without pay until the arbitration hearing and not allowed to continue playing. The CFL already deemed him guilty of the crime and handed down punishment, so they must have valid evidence.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 20, 2024, 03:09:58 PMThat's garbage, he should be suspended without pay until the arbitration hearing and not allowed to continue playing. The CFL already deemed him guilty of the crime and handed down punishment, so they must have valid evidence.

Agree. Far to long to make a decision on this.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 20, 2024, 02:22:36 AMYour posts sure make a lot of assumptions

Let's talk absolutes.  Montreal absolutely won.  Lemon absolutely had a great game.  He absolutely outplayed Jefferson.

Our Dline was absolutely gassed at the end and could not get pressure.

You absolutely missed the punchline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Road Griller on June 20, 2024, 04:50:20 PMLet's talk absolutes.  Montreal absolutely won.  Lemon absolutely had a great game.  He absolutely outplayed Jefferson.

Our Dline was absolutely gassed at the end and could not get pressure.

You absolutely missed the punchline.

Don't recall you posting much in the last few years but seem to recall you frequented this forum regularly before the Bombers turned the corner and became a competitive football team.  Do you relish in their losing?

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 20, 2024, 07:32:36 AMMaybe the question is about the # of games.  I think gambling like this is without precedent in the CFL?  So one could say X games or Y seasons is arbitrary and fight for a reduced punishment.

On the bright side, if we make it to the GC this year, and it's MTL, we won't have to deal with him.

I think the CFL has made it clear that players/staff cant bet on games and will be banned from the league if they do.

I believe the only grounds Lemon has for his appeal is saying he was not made aware he wasnt allowed to bet on games. Remember, this was a few years ago and the league may not have had the guidelines in place that they do now.

Now even people in Ed Tait's position have to go through a seminar that explicitly states he is unable to bet on games. Was that in place when Lemon gambled?

ModAdmin

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 20, 2024, 05:07:44 PMI think the CFL has made it clear that players/staff cant bet on games and will be banned from the league if they do.

I believe the only grounds Lemon has for his appeal is saying he was not made aware he wasnt allowed to bet on games. Remember, this was a few years ago and the league may not have had the guidelines in place that they do now.

Now even people in Ed Tait's position have to go through a seminar that explicitly states he is unable to bet on games. Was that in place when Lemon gambled?

Good point.  I would think though that the league would not have arbitrarily suspended him if it happened before any rules were in effect.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 20, 2024, 06:09:30 AMAccording to Dave Naylor the arbitration hearing will be the first week of July.

At least the league has prioritized this...

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 20, 2024, 05:06:52 PMDon't recall you posting much in the last few years but seem to recall you frequented this forum regularly before the Bombers turned the corner and became a competitive football team.  Do you relish in their losing?

It wouldn't shock me at all if this is the same user who went by road griller before getting the banhammer. Same whiny commentary and all - only it was about the Jets and Hellebucyk before.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 20, 2024, 05:07:44 PMI think the CFL has made it clear that players/staff cant bet on games and will be banned from the league if they do.

Don't buy it, there have been so many sports scandals with sports gambling over the past century that every athlete should be well aware this is a line they dare not cross.  I think the wiley old vet. is just trying to "squeeze a few more games out of the Lemon", before he's officially banned.  ;D