AUGMENTED BROADCASTS LEAD THE WAY IN NEW CFL, TSN AND GENIUS SPORTS OFFERINGS

Started by DCM, June 18, 2024, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCM

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL), TSN, and Genius Sports Limited ('Genius Sports') are continuing to usher in a new digital age to transform how viewers connect and interact with the action on the field. New in 2024, regular season and postseason games, and the 111th Grey Cup on Sunday, November 17, will be available as augmented live streams available exclusively on TSN+.

"When we talk about the path ahead for fan experience and fan interaction, one word comes to mind – more," said CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie. "More information. More understanding. More details to draw viewers in. More data to help fans feel like they're in the game and truly part of the action.

"Our game is evolving. Through augmented broadcasts, we can showcase everything that makes our league so special – prime athletes in top-flight, the pace of CFL football, the quick-thinking of our players and more. This season's entire lineup of offerings, developed with our partners, continues to lay the foundations for the future of our great game and CFL fandom."

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/06/18/augmented-broadcasts-lead-the-way-in-new-cfl-tsn-and-genius-sports-offerings/
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Sir Blue and Gold

That's cool! Will check it out. Can it augments Glen Suiter's comments too?

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 18, 2024, 01:33:38 PMThat's cool! Will check it out. Can it augments Glen Suiter's comments too?

And any Keith Urban man crushes that go overboard! :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 18, 2024, 10:35:38 PMCan someone explain what this is?

Ya, they should have started with the TLDR.  Here's the gist:

QuotePlayers on the field will be identified by name and position, and their speeds will be measured. The quarterback's time to throw will be tracked. Route trees will mirror the action, providing deeper understanding for fans and more in-depth analysis by media members. All features will be seen in real-time as the action unfolds.

So kind of more like NFL with all the fancy graphics, plus F1 style live player avatars/indicators?  Ball and route following like the infamous USA NHL glowing-pucks?

Hey, as long as it's optional, I'm all for more options and details.  The problem is I almost never watch games live-time... I guess I'll have to try for this OTT game they are starting it on, just to see what it's about.

I assume because I'm a TSN-on-Shaw subscriber I'll have access to this?

Now, if they could just get the GD depth charts up on game tracker by the cutoff time...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 18, 2024, 01:33:38 PMThat's cool! Will check it out. Can it augments Glen Suiter's comments too?

Ya, whenever he opens his mouth nice muzak will play!
Never go full Rider!