We Are League Worst (officially)

Started by TecnoGenius, June 18, 2024, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Griller

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 20, 2024, 12:30:02 PMI think we miss Hardrick's enthusiasm more than some thought we would.
That **** is contagious.

And a lot harder spot to fill.  I would have kept him over Bighill, the LB's in pre season looked good and would have been a big cost savings.

kkc60

Quote from: Road Griller on June 20, 2024, 01:13:32 PMAnd a lot harder spot to fill.  I would have kept him over Bighill, the LB's in pre season looked good and would have been a big cost savings.
Bighill is a MOS guy, could probably keep getting paid to play until he can collect his pension.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 20, 2024, 12:30:02 PMI think we miss Hardrick's enthusiasm more than some thought we would.
That **** is contagious.

I bet the locker room is a lot quieter and less upbeat too.  Yoshi was apparently the life and joker of the locker room.

Lofton is looking good so far, but he seems to be a super quiet low-key guy on the field.  (Not much hint of nasty either.)  Nothing wrong with that, it just means someone else has to step up.

Woli seems to be the most fired up out there this season.  I think Woli should take over as the heart & fire of the team.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 20, 2024, 11:27:41 PMI bet the locker room is a lot quieter and less upbeat too.  Yoshi was apparently the life and joker of the locker room.

Lofton is looking good so far, but he seems to be a super quiet low-key guy on the field.  (Not much hint of nasty either.)  Nothing wrong with that, it just means someone else has to step up.

Woli seems to be the most fired up out there this season.  I think Woli should take over as the heart & fire of the team.

lol, I'm sure the locker room full of 50+ 20-something year olds is super quiet.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Montreal is thumping the red blacks 30-1 at the HALF and we lost to the red blacks!!nothing more needs to be said on this subject matter

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 21, 2024, 12:16:39 AMlol, I'm sure the locker room full of 50+ 20-something year olds is super quiet.

Bet it was the hour after the loss in week 1.  And the loss in week 2.  Reaaaaal quiet.

Besides, you know what I mean: quietER.  And I don't mean general din, I mean whole-team pep.  You know, like all those shots of AH33 doing his "who's got my back?" routine.  You know that since AH33 left we haven't seen one single shot of a pep talk like that in WFC-land?  Hmmm.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 21, 2024, 01:44:31 AMBet it was the hour after the loss in week 1.  And the loss in week 2.  Reaaaaal quiet.

Besides, you know what I mean: quietER.  And I don't mean general din, I mean whole-team pep.  You know, like all those shots of AH33 doing his "who's got my back?" routine.  You know that since AH33 left we haven't seen one single shot of a pep talk like that in WFC-land?  Hmmm.
When Harris left we lost the emotional leader and soul of our team. That guy got everybody jacked up, and who's replaced him as our emotional leader?..crickets....

Road Griller

Quote from: dd on June 21, 2024, 02:48:16 AMWhen Harris left we lost the emotional leader and soul of our team. That guy got everybody jacked up, and who's replaced him as our emotional leader?..crickets....

Streveler can be that guy IMO.  The guy loves football and it shows.

Him parked on the sidelines was a terrible decision the last two games. Tough to lead when you don't play.

Let him out there to lead by example and show his passion.  It will rub off in a hurry.

dd

Strevy is definitely an emotional player, but like you said,  Rey tough to lead when you're on the sideline. I d be putting him in for a change of pace and to knock the defense on their butts. But MOS won't do that, he's going to let Collaros play out of his funk, I m just hoping he's able to and he's not done.ya

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 21, 2024, 02:57:52 AMStreveler can be that guy IMO.  The guy loves football and it shows.

Him parked on the sidelines was a terrible decision the last two games. Tough to lead when you don't play.

Let him out there to lead by example and show his passion.  It will rub off in a hurry.
Quote from: dd on June 21, 2024, 03:22:28 AMStrevy is definitely an emotional player, but like you said,  Rey tough to lead when you're on the sideline. I d be putting him in for a change of pace and to knock the defense on their butts. But MOS won't do that, he's going to let Collaros play out of his funk, I m just hoping he's able to and he's not done.ya
Strev in spot duty no more imo.  Zach is our man and key cog on offence.  He is the sundae, Strev is the sprinkles. I have faith in both and in our plan to use them.  Give it time.

dd

Well he's got exactly one game to pull out of his funk. If he stinks the joint out again fans will definitely let everyone know enough is enough

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 21, 2024, 03:25:03 AMStrev in spot duty no more imo.  Zach is our man and key cog on offence.  He is the sundae, Strev is the sprinkles. I have faith in both and in our plan to use them.  Give it time.

Time waits for no one, Montreal is heads and tails better than us.  Players and coaching.  We would not have won that one but losing in Ottawa was bad. 

It should have already happened, the number one team in the West should not fall to the basement.  Have all the faith you want, we can't hand other teams W's.

Road Griller

Quote from: dd on June 21, 2024, 03:28:28 AMWell he's got exactly one game to pull out of his funk. If he stinks the joint out again fans will definitely let everyone know enough is enough

Yup, tomorrow will be interesting.  We will see exactly what they are made of.

The excuse train has left the station.

ModAdmin

Quote from: Road Griller on June 21, 2024, 03:42:19 AMYup, tomorrow will be interesting.  We will see exactly what they are made of.

The excuse train has left the station.

It's an important game.  Have not heard any excuses from the Bombers concerning their losses though.  Or are your referring to another segment of the population?  We have had our share of complainers on here.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Road Griller

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 21, 2024, 04:39:37 AMIt's an important game.  Have not heard any excuses from the Bombers concerning their losses though.  Or are your referring to another segment of the population?  We have had our share of complainers on here.

I have heard them say they need to execute better several times, make the plays needed, clean up mistakes etc.

Now it's time to do it, talk is cheap as they say, they should never have come out rusty in the first place.  Top tier teams just don't let that happen.

Now that is all behind them, two games under their belt.   Should be top notch first place style football tonight.  That's what I mean by no more excuses.

Looking forward to a great performance and an entertaining game!