We Are League Worst (officially)

Started by TecnoGenius, June 18, 2024, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Eli is a perfect 6th man, emergency C.  Whether he is ready to start at C full time, we have to leave that up to Costello. No doubt he may end up as the successor to Ko man, being 4 years younger.  No need to rush him.

Wallace will bring some pressure on the roster, dressing as 7th Oline in his rookie year.  Is he the successor to Neufeld? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 07:37:50 PMWallace will bring some pressure on the roster, dressing as 7th Oline in his rookie year.  Is he the successor to Neufeld

It's very hard to tell what Wallace will bring so far.  I try to watch him on jumbo, and he's in a fair bit on those, but I just don't really notice him much.  I think he's supposed to be more an edge sealer than a lead run blocker, but he has to be able to shift over and take those A & B gaps sometimes.  I'll try to get more data on Wallace.

But ya, don't know why, but I have a good feeling about him.  He's a monster beast man.  At the very worst he's on the normal "WFC OL dev path", which gives him 1-2 more seasons to see if he can be a starting guard.

At his size: couldn't he be a tackle??  But I guess everyone lambasting his lack of speed might ixnay that idea.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

ATTENTION  ATTENTION  ATTENTION

I do believe we are no longer the league worst!  Are we now 2nd or 3rd worst?  I'll take it, for now!

Moving on up... to the East side (of PAS)... we finally got a piece of the piiiiiiiieee.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 07, 2024, 05:21:24 AMIt's very hard to tell what Wallace will bring so far.  I try to watch him on jumbo, and he's in a fair bit on those, but I just don't really notice him much.  I think he's supposed to be more an edge sealer than a lead run blocker, but he has to be able to shift over and take those A & B gaps sometimes.  I'll try to get more data on Wallace.

But ya, don't know why, but I have a good feeling about him.  He's a monster beast man.  At the very worst he's on the normal "WFC OL dev path", which gives him 1-2 more seasons to see if he can be a starting guard.

At his size: couldn't he be a tackle??  But I guess everyone lambasting his lack of speed might ixnay that idea.

He played OG in college, and is a road grader.  6'6. 348.  Almost wonder whether the flip to DT might be an idea in an emergency, like Jake flipping to OL...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 07, 2024, 05:32:50 AMATTENTION  ATTENTION  ATTENTION

I do believe we are no longer the league worst!  Are we now 2nd or 3rd worst?  I'll take it, for now!

Moving on up... to the East side (of PAS)... we finally got a piece of the piiiiiiiieee.
Baby steps...get back into this one step at a time.....and love the jeffersons!!

Pete

Elks signed moncrief and oakman, hood to see one team is trying to fi what it takes to win, but they are looking desperate ( i would have liked to sign oakman)

dd

We re better than Hamilton and Ottawa for sure, not sure if we can beat the riders with Harris, but can without him, Edmonton is an under rated 0-4 team, I think they'll be tough to beat but I got us middle of the pack right now and trending in the right direction

J5V

Hammy looking awful. I'm sure feeling a lot better about our chances.
Go Bombers!

Pete

Anyone heard what the hold up is with Lucky? Kinda feels like a health/conditioning issue. Otherwise you'd think wed want to get him into practices Wilson and Johnson sure aten't the answer nor is playing 3 cdns

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on July 08, 2024, 01:16:21 AMAnyone heard what the hold up is with Lucky? Kinda feels like a health/conditioning issue.

I bet he'll be practicing this week, otherwise he'll probably be on a plane back to the USA.  Clearly his passport issue is fixed, otherwise he wouldn't be sitting on the YWG!
Never go full Rider!

dd

I hope so. He will bring a new and much needed speed element to our offense.

Any word on Collaros and what his status is??

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on July 07, 2024, 11:48:48 PMHammy looking awful. I'm sure feeling a lot better about our chances.

Don't play the Ti-Cats until week 12, by then they could have a new coach and GM.

dd

I think Milanovich is safe, he must be asking himself why did I step into this mess!! I think their GM has got to go and they need a bunch of new talent in their secondary. Wouldn't be surprised if Danny Mac gets the GM job there. He is revered in Hamilton and they need someone to turn that ship around before there's nobody going to the donut box to watch any more games

Pete

Quote from: Pete link ;D =msg=1627342 date=1720401381Anyone heard what the hold up is with Lucky? Kinda feels like a health/conditioning issue. Otherwise you'd think wed want to get him into practices Wilson and Johnson sure aten't the answer nor is playing 3 cdns
Guess they heard me?

Doublezero

Things are destined to turn around for the better since Bombers are the only team in pro sports with not just one but two players named Lucky on the roster.
Just gimme the rock.