One Saving Grace

Started by TecnoGenius, June 15, 2024, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

How's this for optimism:

Ya, we've lost 2, but we've only lost to Eastern teams.  If you're going to lose, lose to the East.

The intra-divisional games matter far more in terms of playoff spots.  We have quite a few coming up.  If we can somehow someway pull out wins in those, our poor season start could end up not being that important.

Of course, this assumes we can win.  First up: BC.  If BC plays poorly again in week 2, they may be vulnerable to us in week 3.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Not sure we needed a thread for this imo but look I took the bait lol

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 15, 2024, 02:58:05 AMNot sure we needed a thread for this imo but look I took the bait lol

Always need more threads!  We need some "silver linings" ones.  Hey, there's always hope.

This thread might get more traction after the results of the other 3 games this week.  A stronger East and more league parity can only help us at this point.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

DM83

lol! Or league wide incompetence

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on June 15, 2024, 04:13:57 AMlol! Or league wide incompetence

That's the spirit!  :P  :P  :P  :P  8)  8)  :o  :o

Nope, I'm afraid so far it's basically just us.  Well, maybe HAM too... we'll see after their game this weekend.  If they find some mojo then it'll be just us!  :o  :o  :o
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

Clearly the BB is tired of winning but it's who finishes at the end, not who starts out well. We saw that in the last two seasons. It's better to play well into October/November than in June/July imho.

Jesse

If Brady can get healthy, we can start running our offence through him and it might solve a lot of issues.

The season isn't won or lost in the first few games.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 15, 2024, 05:56:02 AMThat's the spirit!  :P  :P  :P  :P  8)  8)  :o  :o

Nope, I'm afraid so far it's basically just us.  Well, maybe HAM too... we'll see after their game this weekend.  If they find some mojo then it'll be just us!  :o  :o  :o
At the moment, at bottom of the league, I see us, the Elks and Hamilton. Mid level teams - Ottawa, Sask and Calgary. top teams, Montreal, Toronto and BC

Blueforlife

Quote from: dd on June 16, 2024, 02:09:38 AMAt the moment, at bottom of the league, I see us, the Elks and Hamilton. Mid level teams - Ottawa, Sask and Calgary. top teams, Montreal, Toronto and BC
We are mid level imo, top when and if 100% healthy

DM83

Wow DD! I never expected that from you.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on June 16, 2024, 02:09:38 AMAt the moment, at bottom of the league, I see us, the Elks and Hamilton. Mid level teams - Ottawa, Sask and Calgary. top teams, Montreal, Toronto and BC

There's a good chance that after week 2 ends, us and EDM will be the only teams without a win...  And we're expecting improvement with 2-4 players falling to injury every game?  And with a week 3 game vs BC?

Once we see the depth charts in a week it may be impossible to pick WPG for the W.  Our D will have no answer for McInnis or VAJ's running.

The only saving grace may be that EDM will also lose in week 3, meaning we won't technically be the worst.  ;D  ;D

That and hopefully good parity in the W, or other W teams always lose vs the E.  If we can stay within 4 points of W teams then it may not be the end of the world until we can find some answers on both sides of the ball.
Never go full Rider!