Ticketmaster web page wouldn't show tickets

Started by TecnoGenius, June 13, 2024, 05:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

TLDR; My fault, but warning for advanced users with js blockers.

At the week 1 game I couldn't get the TM tickets to show on the TM website for the life of me.  I could get right to the place where it would normally show the ticket with the scrolly-over-ticket animation and it would just show a white screen.

I'm using Firefox on Android to access the TM web site, as I always have.  I have many blockers in place, especially a javascript blocker.  Normally I'd get to this TM page and tell the js blocker to unblock (mostly) everything on the page, and that has always worked.  But this time it still wouldn't show the tickets.

I played with it at home after the game and it turns out that TM is doing something different with the js code where when it blanks out it is somehow fooling the js blocker that one web site is not required, and thus clicking to add them all isn't picking up this one critical site.  That site is google.com.  I've actually never seen a page where the blockers don't pick up all the needed sites for unblocking!  Very strange.

So the solution is to either go to google.com first and mark it as temporarily OK for js, or I guess one could turn off all blocking for the TM tab (but that would then allow various trackers I don't ever allow).

When I was milling around the tail gate and pinnacle entrance area I overheard 2 separate groups of people talking about ticket troubles.  I have no idea if it's related.

Granted, using FF and js-blockers is going to be rare among the BB fan crowd, but I probably won't be the only one.  So I'm putting this out there as a warning, and a solution.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

ichabod_crane

Also don't save your credit card info on TicketMaster or other online purchase sites with all this hacking going on. Maybe slows down your purchase, but better than having thousands scammed from your account/credit card! :)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 13, 2024, 01:42:16 PMAlso change your TM PW as they got hacked

Really?  Haven't kept up on the news.

It took me 3 years to memorize my current one!  Now I have to change it?  Yikes.
Never go full Rider!