Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

We can only pray that there really is better parity now in the CFL.  If that's the case then hopefully no W team gets too much of a lead in points.  That could be our saving grace.  If W teams can hang around .500, then our upcoming .250 (or worse) won't look so dire.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:24:19 AM5 losses in a row and a hungry BC team coming in Friday.  Zero TD passes, Zero points heading into week 3.

The team is trending in the wrong direction unfortunately.

The 1st loss was the 2023 Grey Cup.  Two of the 2024 games were pre season where almost no vets played so that's hardly a measure of squat.

You're just over stating and looking to pile it on in each of your 40 posts. We can see the issues and we can also see the potential of some new players. It's an 18 game season and even if we lose to the Lions, that's not the end.

BTW. The Lions lost the WDF, 1 pre season game and their 1st game of 2023. They've only beaten the Elks and everybody beats them. We'll see how they do against the Stamps on the weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2024, 03:37:49 AMYa, if BC plays remotely how they are "supposed to" this week, we'll get creamed at home in 1 week.

Hall showed us in '23 WDF that the only way to beat BC is with your D.  Our D was stinky with the starters, now it'll be putrid with 3 more raw rookies starting.

Our O is in no way going to put up the 45 we'll need to keep up with BC next week.

I'd take a wager we'll once again be the lowest-scoring team of the week.  Every team broke 20 pts in week 1 except us.  Once again, we didn't crack 20 in week 2.

Our D has not been the problem and BC absolutely has a leaky D.
My wife is amazing!

Road Griller

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 14, 2024, 03:30:14 AMIncluding 2 preseason games as part of a 5 game losing trend is just ridiculous.

Two losses to open the season is bad enough.

You don't need to embellish.

All games count.  Could easily be 6 in row after Friday.  There is a winning culture  and a losing culture.

Once the second one creeps in it's very hard to shake.

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2024, 03:37:49 AMYa, if BC plays remotely how they are "supposed to" this week, we'll get creamed at home in 1 week.

Hall showed us in '23 WDF that the only way to beat BC is with your D.  Our D was stinky with the starters, now it'll be putrid with 3 more raw rookies starting.

Our O is in no way going to put up the 45 we'll need to keep up with BC next week.

I'd take a wager we'll once again be the lowest-scoring team of the week.  Every team broke 20 pts in week 1 except us.  Once again, we didn't crack 20 in week 2.

I hope Buck and Zach read this and are really fired up for next week.  I hope more that they don't need to read it to be fired up and I am sure they don't, I'm just trying to maintain some positive outlook hoping they now come out REALLY PISSED OFF next week.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2024, 03:39:34 AMWe can only pray that there really is better parity now in the CFL.  If that's the case then hopefully no W team gets too much of a lead in points.  That could be our saving grace.  If W teams can hang around .500, then our upcoming .250 (or worse) won't look so dire.

I don't know that there is parity. Too soon to tell. There have only been 4 inter locking games and east is 3-1 at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:41:42 AMAll games count.  Could easily be 6 in row after Friday.  There is a winning culture  and a losing culture.

Nope. Preseason games literally do not count.

Also games from last season do not count (otherwise we'd be  2-0 right now). We're a different team.
My wife is amazing!

Big Daddy

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:41:42 AMAll games count.  Could easily be 6 in row after Friday.  There is a winning culture  and a losing culture.

Really?  Because I've never seen preseason games included in season stats.  One of the most clueless statements I've read here.

Do you proofread what you type before hitting enter?

Road Griller

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 03:40:21 AMThe 1st loss was the 2023 Grey Cup.  Two of the 2024 games were pre season where almost no vets played so that's hardly a measure of squat.

You're just over stating and looking to pile it on in each of your 40 posts. We can see the issues and we can also see the potential of some new players. It's an 18 game season and even if we lose to the Lions, that's not the end.

BTW. The Lions lost the WDF, 1 pre season game and their 1st game of 2023. They've only beaten the Elks and everybody beats them. We'll see how they do against the Stamps on the weekend.

So BC lost one in a row.  They know what it's like to win.  That's important, our last W was the WF.

Many games ago....

Road Griller

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 14, 2024, 03:46:35 AMReally?  Because I've never seen preseason games included in season stats.  One of the most clueless statements I've read here.

Do you proofread what you type before hitting enter?

Well, it's on the CFL website. Are pre season stats included in the regular season stats?  Nope, neither are the playoff stats.

Right?  Do those count?

Big Daddy

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:47:53 AMSo BC lost one in a row.  They know what it's like to win.  That's important, our last W was the WF.

Many games ago....

Yup - winning one game is a winning culture.  That's knowing what it's like to win.

I'm getting tired of responding to these blatant troll posts, I'm taking a break.

kkc60

This was a reap what you sow game.

Go light on the DL? Get ran all over.

None of the Bombers high paid veterans played well today outside of Kramdi. Maybe Alexander? Certainly no one on the OL. Couldn't be the linebackers. Definitely was not Collaros or Schoen.

Wheatfall and Adams look great. Both could be boons for the Bombers. I don't want to put too much blame onto Wilson, as Collaros never looks his way.

Remember when we signed Harris and laughed at Buono because rumours had it that he thought Harris was near the end of his career and was only going to regress? Seems like it's come back to us, because now the Bombers either dont know when to let guys go, or simply are afraid or incapable of finding a guy to replace them.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:50:02 AMWell, it's on the CFL website. Are pre season stats included in the regular season stats?  Nope, neither are the playoff stats.

Right?  Do those count?

Okay one more.

Holy crap, because preseason and postseason stats are posted, that means they are part of the season stats?  You really believe preseason games count somehow?!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone double down on something like this.

kkc60

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 14, 2024, 03:42:51 AMI hope Buck and Zach read this and are really fired up for next week.  I hope more that they don't need to read it to be fired up and I am sure they don't, I'm just trying to maintain some positive outlook hoping they now come out REALLY PISSED OFF next week.
You can come out as pissed off as you want. Doesn't matter if Collaros can't get a clean pocket. Hopefully they get their act together. But after last week all the teams leaders talked the talk. Those same guys did diddly squat this week.

ModAdmin

Quote from: Road Griller on June 14, 2024, 03:50:02 AMWell, it's on the CFL website. Are pre season stats included in the regular season stats?  Nope, neither are the playoff stats.

Right?  Do those count?

5 - 4  - 3 -  2 -      Take a hint.   
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden