Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Blueforlife

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:40:18 AMLooking like there could be a decent break in the storm just after 11 est. Will obvs depend on lightning but there's hope
Yes but over an hour

Blue In BC

Quote from: kkc60 on June 14, 2024, 02:40:02 AMBombers deserve to lose this game. Maybe 0-2 will push them to actually reflect and evaluate their team

Let's see: Lawler, Oliveria, Parker, Lawson and Garbutt all on 6 game IR. Samson on 1 game IR. Bighill just back this week. Nichols, Haba and Fox all injured before half time.  That's 7 starters not playing before half time in game 2.  Injuries are part of the game but wow, that's an important group.

I'm not saying the Bombers should have won but that's a lot to deal with in the 2nd game of the season.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

towelie

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:41:16 AMBridges and Bond got torched on that big play to set up the TD. I thought Cole would be playing more at SAM to allow Kramdi to move into the secondary.

Def looked like some miscommunication. Looks like Bonds waved Bridges over for a switch when he really shouldn't have, and they were late getting to their guys/spots

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:44:47 AMLet's see: Lawler, Oliveria, Parker, Lawson and Garbutt all on 6 game IR. Samson on 1 game IR. Bighill just back this week. Nichols, Haba and Fox all injured before half time.  That's 7 starters not playing before half time in game 2.  Injuries are part of the game but wow, that's an important group.

I'm not saying the Bombers should have won but that's a lot to deal with in the 2nd game of the season.
Half the heart ripped out.

towelie

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 14, 2024, 02:44:20 AMYes but over an hour

11:15 isn't over an hour (eastern not central)

Also they have posted they're hoping to resume at 11:15 (eastern)

Jesse

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:45:14 AMDef looked like some miscommunication. Looks like Bonds waved Bridges over for a switch when he really shouldn't have, and they were late getting to their guys/spots

It's almost as if they could have used some practice playing together in a game situation before the season started.

If only there was some mechanism in place to achieve that.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:46:39 AM11:15 isn't over an hour (eastern not central)

Love it!!!!!!!! Never been so happy to be wrong

TecnoGenius

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:46:39 AM11:15 isn't over an hour (eastern not central)

Pretty sure they called the delay at 10:13, I think I heard TSN say.  So 11:15 would be too late.  However, maybe if they just say it's ok to return before 10:13 they don't actually have to start the clock again right at 11:13.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on June 14, 2024, 02:52:16 AMIt's almost as if they could have used some practice playing together in a game situation before the season started.

If only there was some mechanism in place to achieve that.

Not much practice this week:

Sunday, June 9 - at field beside WSF South
Practice: 12noon - 1:20 p.m.

Monday, June 10
Practice: 11:50 a.m. - 1:10 p.m.

Tuesday, June 11
Closed practice

GOLDMEMBER

Looks like we might be hooped.

Here is your sloppy Joes extra sloppy.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:17:49 AMnot sure about that, I remember at our stadium a 2+ hour rain delay vs Hamilton and then the game resumed.

It's that game (and others) that made the league institute time limits.  It's been in place a couple of seasons now.  It will really suck if it bites us here, because it really looked like we might be getting something going there, and 2:09 leading to a TD usually means you win with 0:00.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Double Move on June 14, 2024, 02:25:01 AMWhy is the time on the posts saying 2:00 am

You need to to go into your profile settings and change your timezone and DST.  I think it defaults to GMT.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:41:16 AMBridges and Bond got torched on that big play to set up the TD. I thought Cole would be playing more at SAM to allow Kramdi to move into the secondary.

You thought right.  That appears to be what they are doing.

If you want a player of the game for WPG, it's 100% Kramdi.  He's really stepped up.
Never go full Rider!