Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horseman

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:29:15 AMDoesn't mean he was actually injured. They can't release him if he's injured.
We did with one of our players this year.

towelie

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:23:59 AMPretty sure I read it on the CFL website.

Fair enough.
Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:27:18 AMHere is what was written on Oakman being released..."He was placed on the one-game injured list ahead of the Argos' 2024 season opener, a 35-27 win over the visiting BC Lions".

Sounds like a cap casualty to me... no need to actually be injured to go on the 1 game. I could be totally wrong, just don't recall anyone saying he was hurt.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on June 14, 2024, 01:50:44 AMI've said for a while we need to develop a short passing game, with Zac its go long or go home DO we ever throw a ball to the flats like every team does against us?

We focused big time on the short 1-5Y pass in 2023.  Like major focus.  But it was hit & miss.  OK in the season but let us down a bit in the post-season.

We had a big problem with DL untouched on the edge just getting in Zach's lane, and he couldn't adjust.

Our dump pass to the flat to Johnny early in this game went for big yards.  As you identified, teams often leave the flat open against us.  I haven't seen much to indicate we're leaning on the short pass yet this year.  But ya, it's an important tool to have.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Looks like TSN has given up on the game, they switched to basketball.

towelie

Feel like they should have scrapped half time altogether. They were very close with their prediction. Really going to suck if that's it

Horseman

Okay, I guess we go zero for two then, goodnight all.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:30:34 AMWe did with one of our players this year.

Teams put players on 1 game IR that aren't actually injured all the time. We've only had 1 player on 1 game IR this year, Samson.

No real idea if Oakman was actually nicked or had a personal issue.  If we lose 1 or both of Haba and Fox we may be giving him a call. Nobody left on PR really.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 14, 2024, 02:35:15 AMThis is BS if it is over.

Why? It's the rule and makes sense. Wouldn't work in our favour as we may have come back to win but that was no guarantee either.

Time for an airlift due to injuries. Could see some of our cuts being called back.

Woods was a scratch and moved to PR so he'd be available next week. Rivers and Upshaw were two we released.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on June 14, 2024, 01:56:23 AMAnd Evan Holm no where near Hardy

OTT is (rightfully) picking on our completely mixed up DB corps.  I think we have 2-3 changes back there now?  Kramdi playing DB?  Bridges in too.

All OTT has to do is do a crossing pattern and our DBs try to do a handoff but there's no synergy.  They both bite on the same guy and poof, there's your open OTT WR.

This isn't age or rust, this is rookie / new group problems.
Never go full Rider!

kkc60

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 14, 2024, 02:35:15 AMThis is BS if it is over.
Bombers deserve to lose this game. Maybe 0-2 will push them to actually reflect and evaluate their team

towelie

Looking like there could be a decent break in the storm just after 11 est. Will obvs depend on lightning but there's hope

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2024, 02:38:54 AMOTT is (rightfully) picking on our completely mixed up DB corps.  I think we have 2-3 changes back there now?  Kramdi playing DB?  Bridges in too.

All OTT has to do is do a crossing pattern and our DBs try to do a handoff but there's no synergy.  They both bite on the same guy and poof, there's your open OTT WR.

This isn't age or rust, this is rookie / new group problems.

Bridges and Bond got torched on that big play to set up the TD. I thought Cole would be playing more at SAM to allow Kramdi to move into the secondary.
2019 Grey Cup Champions