Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:16:21 AMWin or lose we have a lot of problems to fix. Injuries mounting as well. Not sure what the issues are with Nichols, Fox and Haba. Haba's injury looks serious but the others are unknown.

Wheatfall has looked good but Wilson has been invisible. 
And Wilson was the one they chose.

Big Daddy

towelie

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:12:48 AMPretty sure Oaken is injured which is why Argos cut him.

Did you see this somewhere? All i saw was a depth/salary casualty. If he's healthy we should absolutely be reaching out

Double Move

This Bomber team is in deep deep trouble. Collaros is off. No offensive protection. Pass coverage is mediocre at best. No Grey Cup this season.

The Zipp

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:17:49 AMnot sure about that, I remember at our stadium a 2+ hour rain delay vs Hamilton and then the game resumed.

Depends on how much time is left

Horseman

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:22:30 AMDid you see this somewhere? All i saw was a depth/salary casualty. If he's healthy we should absolutely be reaching out
Pretty sure I read it on the CFL website.

Double Move

Blue In BC

Quote from: kkc60 on June 14, 2024, 02:20:48 AMAnd Wilson was the one they chose.

Yes but for Bailey's role not Lawler. Wheatfall may be more of a speed guy and not as good a blocker.

Why is Karamoko playing so much on defence? It might be due to TOP and a need to rotate more players more often.

TOP has been a killer for Bomber defence tonight.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blitzer

To hell with the regular season. All a team has to do is win 3 in a row in the playoffs. Even if they have to play those powerhouses BC, Toronto and Montreal. The players know the regular season doesn't really matter. Just put it all together by the end of the year and they'll be fine. They'll be anxious to prove the doubters wrong. Collaros's experience gives them a good chance. 

Horseman

Quote from: towelie on June 14, 2024, 02:22:30 AMDid you see this somewhere? All i saw was a depth/salary casualty. If he's healthy we should absolutely be reaching out

Here is what was written on Oakman being released..."He was placed on the one-game injured list ahead of the Argos' 2024 season opener, a 35-27 win over the visiting BC Lions".

The Zipp

If the game is mid way through the third and the delay last longer than an hour the game is over - leading team wins, if tied both teams get a point

Road Griller

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 02:25:31 AMWhy is Karamoko playing so much on defence? It might be due to TOP and a need to rotate more players more often.

Because of MOS's poor roster management.  But nobody wants to hear or believe it .

Horseman

Quote from: Blitzer on June 14, 2024, 02:26:25 AMTo hell with the regular season. All a team has to do is win 3 in a row in the playoffs. Even if they have to play those powerhouses BC, Toronto and Montreal. The players know the regular season doesn't really matter. Just put it all together by the end of the year and they'll be fine. They'll be anxious to prove the doubters wrong. Collaros's experience gives them a good chance. 
Yes, but if you lose too many during the season, there is no chance of playing in the playoffs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Horseman on June 14, 2024, 02:27:18 AMHere is what was written on Oakman being released..."He was placed on the one-game injured list ahead of the Argos' 2024 season opener, a 35-27 win over the visiting BC Lions".

Doesn't mean he was actually injured. They can't release him if he's injured.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Quote from: The Zipp on June 14, 2024, 02:28:48 AMIf the game is mid way through the third and the delay last longer than an hour the game is over - leading team wins, if tied both teams get a point
Okay I stand corrected then.