Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Griller

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 12, 2024, 04:42:14 PM

This line up is gross.  They need to field the strongest roster possible. Nationalize eligible Americans. Ottawa is not as good as Montreal but they only have beat beat us, not embarrass them like Montreal did.

Hoping for a win, expecting a L.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 12:18:35 AMThis line up is gross.  They need to field the strongest roster possible. Nationalize eligible Americans. Ottawa is not as good as Montreal but they only have beat beat us, not embarrass them like Montreal did.

Thanks for the celebrity appearance twinkle toes.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 13, 2024, 12:29:42 AMThanks for the celebrity appearance twinkle toes.

Lol. Agreed 'gross' is harsh but if we keep losing and we're opting out of optimizing our roster using available ratio rules it will absolutely become fair criticism. Ottawa's doing it. We should be too. We've had a lot of success but you need to be relentless to stay at the top.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 13, 2024, 12:33:12 AMLol. Agreed 'gross' is harsh but if we keep losing and we're opting out of optimizing our roster using available ratio rules it will absolutely become fair criticism. Ottawa's doing it. We should be too. We've had a lot of success but you need to be relentless to stay at the top.
Agreed. I hope we win just we don't need to deal with the latest rift raft. ;)

Road Griller

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 13, 2024, 12:33:12 AMLol. Agreed 'gross' is harsh but if we keep losing and we're opting out of optimizing our roster using available ratio rules it will absolutely become fair criticism. Ottawa's doing it. We should be too. We've had a lot of success but you need to be relentless to stay at the top.

This is pro sports, have to use every tool in the box to be successful.  Fans deserve the best football team they can possibly field.

Anything less is unacceptable.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 12:48:52 AMThis is pro sports, have to use every tool in the box to be successful.  Fans deserve the best football team they can possibly field.

Anything less is unacceptable.

They know what they are doing. The recent track record proves as such.

Yeah I dress up for games and I ain't the type to judge things through blue coloured glasses. However your statements so far are mostly unwarranted while offering little to no substance.
They are using every tool in there tool box. Maybe just maybe give them another game or 2 so see if your opinions are validated. But you are new here so we understand. :)

Road Griller

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 13, 2024, 12:54:15 AMThey know what they are doing. The recent track record proves as such.

Yeah I dress up for games and I ain't the type to judge things through blue coloured glasses. However your statements so far are mostly unwarranted while offering little to no substance.
They are using every tool in there tool box. Maybe just maybe give them another game or 2 so see if your opinions are validated. But you are new here so we understand. :)

4 loses in row.  You state they are using every tool in 'their' toolbox, guess how many other teams nationalize Americans according to the recent rule change?

It's not an opinion, it's a fact.  Now backup your statement. Who uses the rule?  Who doesn't?

And BTW it's great you go to the games,  it's a great fun packed day.  That said if they don't field the best team and keep the ball rolling the 30k+ will be back down to 20-22k by 2026 and the 2025 GC may become a flop like 2015.  Winning cures everything.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 01:16:54 AM4 loses in row.  You state they are using every tool in 'their' toolbox, guess how many other teams nationalize Americans according to the recent rule change?

It's not an opinion, it's a fact.  Now backup your statement. Who uses the rule?  Who doesn't?

I know you're just trying to get a rise but, for example, Montreal didn't use naturalized Americans last week in Winnipeg.

Doing so wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome in week one but optically and in principle O'Shea should be doing everything he can to get every bit out of the roster we have which isn't as dominate as past years without question.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 01:16:54 AM4 loses in row.  You state they are using every tool in 'their' toolbox, guess how many other teams nationalize Americans according to the recent rule change?

And BTW it's great you go to the games,  it's a great fun packed day.  That said if they don't field the best team and keep the ball rolling the 30k+ will be back down to 20-22k by 2026 and the 2025 GC may become a flop like 2015.  Winning cures everything.
Your consistent reference to 4 losses in a row means nothing.  It's one loss.  Your negativity and posts are not based on facts but a reaction to a bad loss.  This organization has had the same people running in for many years with outstanding results.  To suggest that we are not fielding our best options is an opinion based on no facts.  We have routinely fielded a strong roster and shown the ability to deal with injuries and roster changes very well.  Our team depth at a few positions isn't as strong as in the past due to salary cap issues from signing some necessary stars.  It will work out.  I expected a slow start but trust the process, management and coaches.  I will not be worried until we continually struggle repeatedly or aspects of our game show confirmed trends weakness.  I am sure if we could field a stronger roster by nationalizing Americans we would.  Let's see what this week bring before we write the book on it.  Perhaps try to contribute to the discussion, limiting your extreme views or starting stirring up an arguments with what you post.  You can have a place here if you try to tone it down a touch.

You predictions or attendance have no merit.  Hosting the Grey Cup will not be a flop.  We will never dip down to average attendance of 20-22k in my opinion.  Agree winning does cure all but there is a core group of fans that will support this club even if we don't win a single game, myself included.  We have seen lean years before this dynasty like run.  The constant has been and always will be unwavering support for the Bombers.  Try hope, try patience and try balance in what you post.

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 12:18:35 AMThis line up is gross.  They need to field the strongest roster possible. Nationalize eligible Americans. Ottawa is not as good as Montreal but they only have beat beat us, not embarrass them like Montreal did.

Rather than calling it gross perhaps comment on what your issues are with it and provide who or what you would do differently to improve it.

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 13, 2024, 01:55:16 AMYour consistent reference to 4 losses in a row means nothing.  It's one loss.  Your negativity and posts are not based on facts but a reaction to a bad loss.  This organization has had the same people running in for many years with outstanding results.  To suggest that we are not fielding out best options is an opinion based on no facts.  We have routinely fielded a strong roster and shown the ability to deal with injuries and roster changes very well.  Our team depth at a few positions isn't as strong as in the past due to salary cap issues from signing some necessary stars.  It will work out.  I expected a slow start but trust the process, management and coaches.  I will not be worried until we continually struggle repeatedly or aspects of our game show confirmed trends weakness.  I am sure if we could field a stronger roster by nationalizing Americans we would.  Let's see what this week bring before we write the book on it.  Perhaps try to contribute to the discussion limiting your extreme views or starting stirring up an arguments with what you post.

You predictions or attendance have no merit.  Hosting the Grey Cup will not be a flop.  We will never dip down to average attendance of 20-22k in my opinion.  Agree winning does cure all but there is a core group of fans that will support this club even if we don't win a single game, myself included.  We have seen lean years before this dynasty like run.  The constant has been and always will be unwavering support for the Bombers.  Try hope, try patience and try balance in what you post.

Your prediction of attendance dipping holds no merit.  Look at the 2013 days, it happens.  2015 Grey Cup had seats removed and still barely selling out after 'deals'.

Don't think for a second it can't happen again.  That's how people get caught.

Not sure if you were old enough to remember the 2011 Swagerville days but the Stadium was packed and crazy,  who would have thought 2 years later it would be a Gong Show?

Some people watch things happen, some people make things happen and some people wonder what the heck just happened.

They are playing too many Canadians.  They don't have the national depth anymore.  Look one province over and their empty stadium over the last few seasons.

Never say never, this could easily become a 6-12 season.  You can't  waste a single game in football.  Losing creeps in and takes over.

That said, let's hope they regroup and dominate for 4 quarters tomorrow.  If they made the right decisions, it will show.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 02:09:33 AMYour prediction of attendance dipping holds no merit.  Look at the 2013 days, it happens.  2015 Grey Cup had seats removed and still barely selling out after 'deals'.

Don't think for a second it can't happen again.  That's how people get caught.

Some people watch things happen, some people make things happen and some people wonder what the heck just happened.

They are playing too many Canadians.  They don't have the national depth anymore.  Look one province over and their empty stadium over the last few seasons.

Never say never, this could easily become a 6-12 season.  You can't  waste a single game in football.  Losing creeps in and takes over.

The Grey Cup next year won't be a flop, full stop.  We won't see average attendance of 20-22k as you suggest by 2026.  Just because you think it might happen doesn't mean it will.  The only thing your posts have consistently proven is your desire to push extreme positions not based on facts, reality or probable outcomes.  Winning has really pushed our attendance to a strong upward trend.  Yes losing consistently would impact sales. To suggest as big of drop off in a year or two is extreme.

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 13, 2024, 02:17:21 AMThe Grey Cup next year won't be a flop, full stop.  We won't see average attendance of 20-22k as you suggest by 2026.  Just because you think it might happen doesn't mean it will.  The only thing your posts have consistently proven is your desire to push extreme positions not based on facts, reality or probable outcomes.  Winning has really pushed our attendance to a strong upward trend.  Yes losing consistently would impact sales. To suggest as big of drop off in a year or two is extreme.
2011 Grey Cup appearance

2012 home opener sold out

2013 home opener.  Sold out

2014 home opener. 24k.

2015 Grey Cup attendance reduced  by almost 3500 seats.

History can and does repeat itself.  I didn't  'think' those numbers.  It happened.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 13, 2024, 02:57:04 AM2011 Grey Cup appearance

2012 home opener sold out

2013 home opener.  Sold out

2014 home opener. 24k.

2015 Grey Cup attendance reduced  by almost 3500 seats.

History can and does repeat itself.  I didn't  'think' those numbers.  It happened.
Your opinion is that the Grey Cup in Winnipeg could be a flop, I don't think that's an accurate assumption.  You think that by 2026 we will average 20 to 22k, which I believe is next to impossible.  You information above have little to nothing to do with your predictions for 2025 and 2026.

You are clearly here to stir the pot, I'll now ignore you as much as possible, no point in playing your game any longer.  You narrative is consistently negative and derails threads.  I regret taking the bait.

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 13, 2024, 03:38:32 AMYour opinion is that the Grey Cup in Winnipeg could be a flop, I don't think that's an accurate assumption.  You think that by 2026 we will average 20 to 22k, which I believe is next to impossible.  You information above have little to nothing to do with your predictions for 2025 and 2026.

You are clearly here to stir the pot, I'll now ignore you as much as possible, no point in playing your game any longer.  You narrative is consistently negative and derails threads.  I regret taking the bait.

Did you read the numbers?  'It happened recently so it can't happen again?'  Is that  your take?  What's not accurate?

The 2015 GC was a flop.  Look how fast the decline happened.  It wasn't because they were winning, look at the Jets.  Things happen in hurry. 

Tougher economy, 70+ inch HD tv's are dirt cheap, every game on with food and drinks at home.

Everyone wants the team winning and the stands packed.  It starts with the rostered players , having them prepared and taking advantage of every rule in the book.  Give the team the best chance to win every snap.  Everything else will take care of itself.