Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Started by Pigskin, June 09, 2024, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Clercius was the in game replacement for Lawler... wouldn't be an awful replacement for him long term.  The we'd be starting 11 Nats...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Good day at practice.#88 Wheatfall is a big WR with good speed. Made a great shoe top catch at the goal line.

Full practice for AB4. Doesn't look like he's 100% yet. Still has a slight limp. 

#24 Bonds taking most of the PR reps.

#19 Wilson at MLB on a few D set.

#17 Strev. threw a few nice ball

#25 Chris-Ike with a lot of work at RB today.

KL89 doing one handed push ups.

BO2: Did some push ups, but other then that nothing. Not even a light jog. 

JP7: Sat on the bench most of the practice. Has a medium size bandage on his knee. Not moving very well.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 10, 2024, 06:12:32 PMClercius was the in game replacement for Lawler... wouldn't be an awful replacement for him long term.  The we'd be starting 11 Nats...

He caught 2 passes for 16 yards. Not exactly a good sample size.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 08:25:52 PMHe caught 2 passes for 16 yards. Not exactly a good sample size.

Yeah, starting a rookie draft pick would be an awful replacement. No offence to the kid, but if we can't recruit someone more impactful, it's a fail on scouting and coaching.
My wife is amazing!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Jesse on June 11, 2024, 03:13:00 AMYeah, starting a rookie draft pick would be an awful replacement. No offence to the kid, but if we can't recruit someone more impactful, it's a fail on scouting and coaching.

Or it just shows how good the Bomber's are at evaluating talent.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 08:25:52 PMHe caught 2 passes for 16 yards. Not exactly a good sample size.

2 of 3 of 16 yards...

And Kenny was 3 of 5 for 26 yards...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on June 11, 2024, 02:16:24 PM2 of 3 of 16 yards...

And got injured in the second quarter.

C'mon, man.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 11, 2024, 02:31:30 PMAnd got injured in the second quarter.

C'mon, man.

Late in the second quarter...

So, basically both played a half.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 11, 2024, 02:16:24 PM2 of 3 of 16 yards...

Lawler is 218 of 337 for 3472 yards career. Comparing him to Clercius at the moment is beyond a silly suggestion.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Redblacks sign Winston Rose to their PR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on June 11, 2024, 03:45:05 PMLate in the second quarter...

So, basically both played a half.

Still a ridiculous and useless comparison - and I think you know as much.

Again: c'mon, man.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on June 11, 2024, 01:27:11 PMOr it just shows how good the Bomber's are at evaluating talent.

If they are so good at evaluating talent, you should be able to find a guy who is better at this moment in time than a raw rookie.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 11, 2024, 03:55:35 PMLawler is 218 of 337 for 3472 yards career. Comparing him to Clercius at the moment is beyond a silly suggestion.

Not comparing them or saying that Clercius can carry Lawler's jockstrap based on career so far. 

Just sayin the kid did good coming in to replace our second highest paid player in his first pro game, and that it wouldn't be ridiculous to give him a shot at playing Rec #5 while Kenny is out, to see what he's got.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on June 11, 2024, 04:50:37 PMNot comparing them or saying that Clercius can carry Lawler's jockstrap based on career so far. 

Just sayin the kid did good coming in to replace our second highest paid player in his first pro game, and that it wouldn't be ridiculous to give him a shot at playing Rec #5 while Kenny is out, to see what he's got.

He is getting his shot by being able to back-up Wolitarsky.

Anything more than that right now is setting him up to fail; and again, would be a fail on our scouting staff.
My wife is amazing!