Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Started by Pigskin, June 09, 2024, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: DM83 on June 09, 2024, 05:30:33 PMYup.
Man what a short career Ford will have.  Honestly he has great technique, now if only he could get between the ball and his guy. Anyone have his stats?  He sure was in on a lot of attempts to cover those god like Montreal receivers.  It appeared like no one else could help him out.
Ford has a great chance as a future star in this league.  Mistakes will be made as he learns.
Quote from: dd on June 09, 2024, 05:37:40 PMWho else knows our defensive scheme better than Dru Brown??, I don't take this game lightly at all and wouldn't be surprised if we get dumped in the Nation's capital.
Game will be a battle, we also know him well.

Pete

if Kramdl can't go maybe we put in Griffen II, he played sam well for Calgary ly I thought.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on June 10, 2024, 01:22:38 AMif Kramdl can't go maybe we put in Griffen II, he played sam well for Calgary ly I thought.

Cole would start at SAM if Kramdi can't play.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Dru Brown hasn't seen a Jordan Younger defence so I wouldn't sweat that too much. I think the bomber D will give Drew plenty to think about.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 02:23:41 AMCole would start at SAM if Kramdi can't play.
I like Brian Cole , very athletic and plays big for a SAM

ModAdmin

Need to Know | Week 2

"...Getting Bighill back for this week's game against the Ottawa RedBlacks in the capital will be a boost. As head coach Mike O'Shea said after practice: "It's nice to have him back out practising and he looks good. He's so smart, he has so much experience it certainly helps everyone else around him."

Bighill sustained an injury during training camp and was officially placed on the six-game injured list back on May 17th, meaning he had to miss at least one contest before the team could add him back to the lineup.

"Not being out there with my guys is never fun," said Bighill We get to play a game for a living so coming out here and being with the guys is what you want.

"(Getting back this week) is making sure you do everything you can to prepare the right way and not rush anything. I would've liked to have been out there last week but when you're on six-game you're not allowed to so it was as soon as possible.

"I'm coming back at exactly the right time. It's what our medical team believes, it's what I believe and at the end of the day you follow the direction of the people that take good care of us and Al (Couture, head athletic therapist) is the man for that...."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/09/need-to-know-week-2-2/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Bombers better come out of the gate with a bad attitude and more precision.All aspects of their 1st game were lacking.

We could see potential in many players but lack of playing time in pre season was clear. It's a short week on the road to a hungry Redblack team.

Regardless. Bombers need to come up with a decisive win starting from the 1st series.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 03:34:05 PMBombers better come out of the gate with a bad attitude and more precision.All aspects of their 1st game were lacking.

We could see potential in many players but lack of playing time in pre season was clear. It's a short week on the road to a hungry Redblack team.

Regardless. Bombers need to come up with a decisive win starting from the 1st series.

I can't see them being anywhere near as sloppy as last week's outing.

I fully expect the coaches and veterans to get the team on track this week.

They simply have to be better.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 10, 2024, 03:34:05 PMBombers better come out of the gate with a bad attitude and more precision.All aspects of their 1st game were lacking.

After watching this weekends games, the Bombers better make plenty hay against the weaker teams this season, don't like their early season odds against teams performing well already.  BC and Cgy. games coming up in the next few weeks will be challenging.  Too many new players in the lineup to have a comfortable snap back reaction like they did after losses last season, it's going to take time for the team to come together and perform well in all 3 areas, there may be struggles and it's not a given they finish first.

blueraid

I want to see some cohesiveness and spark that was sadly lacking last game....Zack has to be sharper and the special teams have to be a heckuva lot better...I was expecting a lot more from Miller's gang than we showed, and I hope Castillo is back on his game...We need everything working in Ottawa to take the 2pts.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blueraid on June 10, 2024, 04:45:16 PMI want to see some cohesiveness and spark that was sadly lacking last game....Zack has to be sharper and the special teams have to be a heckuva lot better...I was expecting a lot more from Miller's gang than we showed, and I hope Castillo is back on his game...We need everything working in Ottawa to take the 2pts.

Don't look for a definitive plan of action from Miller, from his recent interviews it's abundantly clear he's figuring it out as he goes along. O'Shea basically shoved Boudreau out the door and gifted Mike the job, he didn't apply for it and really hadn't even considered becoming a STC as a career, he was anointed.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 10, 2024, 05:23:28 PMDon't look for a definitive plan of action from Miller, from his recent interviews it's abundantly clear he's figuring it out as he goes along. O'Shea basically shoved Boudreau out the door and gifted Mike the job.  He didn't apply for it and really hadn't even considered becoming a STC as a career, he was anointed.

Our special teams weren't exactly great last year under Boudreau though. Some of it was personnel but really O'Shea has had to come in to save the day a few times in the last few years.

The Zipp

Day 2 of Bombers practice: no Brady Oliveira for the second straight day (knee).
Kenny Lawler is watching practice rocking a cast on his right arm.

Kramdi is back

From DT

Pete

Quote from: J5V on June 10, 2024, 02:40:14 AMDru Brown hasn't seen a Jordan Younger defence so I wouldn't sweat that too much. I think the bomber D will give Drew plenty to think about.
Its not a secret to beat us, you have to be able to rush Zac so he can't throw mid to long but If our blocking scheme counters that then we will be successful. Offensively teams will throw short outs to take advantage of our new corners, and once they've tried to adjust go long.
  I said last year, we need to diversify our offense to include more short passes, and rather than just hand off the ball to Olivera 90% of the time straight up the middle, run outside more to prevent them stacking up like Montreal did with Sankey and their front four.
As far as Dru knowing our defense, it goes both ways. We should also have a handle on what Dru likes to throw and his strengths/weaknesses, and offset that.

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on June 09, 2024, 05:37:40 PMWho else knows our defensive scheme better than Dru Brown??, I don't take this game lightly at all and wouldn't be surprised if we get dumped in the Nation's capital.
Who knows Dru Brown's weaknsses better than our D?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.