Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Started by Pigskin, June 09, 2024, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Looks like we will get three practices in this week to cleanup some of our mistakes. Looking for a much better game out of the Bombers. Everyone must be better.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Pretty short practice today...

This game should be winnable - they had a chance to shake off the rust, it will still take a few games for BO to get into true game shape.  Ottawa hasn't played and Dru Brown's first start as THE guy. 

If the Bombers and ZC look as off as they did last game and Dru lights us up for 300-400 yards then I will start to get concerned.

The Zipp

Brady Oliveira in street clothes for today's practice. He left Thursday's game early.

Wheatfall in for Lawler

From DT

DM83

Yup.
Man what a short career Ford will have.  Honestly he has great technique, now if only he could get between the ball and his guy. Anyone have his stats?  He sure was in on a lot of attempts to cover those god like Montreal receivers.  It appeared like no one else could help him out.

dd

Who else knows our defensive scheme better than Dru Brown??, I don't take this game lightly at all and wouldn't be surprised if we get dumped in the Nation's capital.

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on June 09, 2024, 05:25:49 PMBrady Oliveira in street clothes for today's practice. He left Thursday's game early.

Wheatfall in for Lawler

From DT

May need to give Augustine a few more reps during the game to spell Brady until he gets his game legs.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

And Bighill is taking reps on D in this 12 on 12 period. Must mean he's coming off the 6-game injured list.

The Zipp

Starting dimebacker Redha Kramdi is also a non-participant on Day 1 of the practice week.

From Bauming

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on June 09, 2024, 06:10:34 PMStarting dimebacker Redha Kramdi is also a non-participant on Day 1 of the practice week.

From Bauming

At least Cole was taking most reps in TC so that shouldn't hurt too much. Didn't notice him getting nicked so I think it's not too serious?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on June 09, 2024, 05:25:49 PMBrady Oliveira in street clothes for today's practice. He left Thursday's game early.

Wheatfall in for Lawler

From DT

Thank you Zipp, for the updates. BO20 had a heavy wrap on his leg last week in practice. I don't think he's 100% yet.

Wheatfall has nice size.   6"2"  195, 4.58/40 and has a 36" vertical.

The Zipp

Bighill says he expects to play Thursday in Ottawa.
O'Shea says #Bombers are hopeful Brady Oliveira will be good to go again.

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 09, 2024, 06:23:47 PMAt least Cole was taking most reps in TC so that shouldn't hurt too much. Didn't notice him getting nicked so I think it's not too serious?

I liked Cole's game...he seems to be a playmaker

Pigskin

I thought BO20 took to many reps in that game for the amount of practice time he had. I thought he should have shared reps with JA27. I hope we don't over work AB4 in his first game back.

I would also like to see the Bombers us Chris-Ike a little more.

dd

[quote author=Blue
I ve never understood why Augustine has never been used more on offense, yet we'll put chris streveller in and risk injury to our SY QB, i just don't get it. Augustine would give us a quicker option vs Olivera, and have the defense scheming a whole lot differently than if
Quote from: Blue In BC on June 09, 2024, 05:55:27 PMMay need to give Augustine a few more reps during the game to spell Brady until he gets his game legs.
I ve never understood why Augustine has never been used more on offense, yet we'll put chris streveller in and risk injury to our SY QB, i just don't get it. Augustine would give us a quicker option vs Olivera, spell BO off and keep him fresher and healthier, and force the defense to adjust.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on June 09, 2024, 07:13:08 PMThank you Zipp, for the updates. BO20 had a heavy wrap on his leg last week in practice. I don't think he's 100% yet.

Wheatfall has nice size.   6"2"  195, 4.58/40 and has a 36" vertical.

Could be an interesting game with 2 rookie receivers and no Oliveira to pound the ball, still think they'll find a way to win but as MOS often says, "it might look different".