Chris Streveler

Started by Blue In BC, June 09, 2024, 03:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 10, 2024, 08:13:38 AMHere's the problem: this is the second time Strevie has gotten up and moaned to the refs/players.  You really don't want to be the guy who's known for doing this.  Now I expect many more defenders will try to "have fun" with this and this will only goad them into giving him an extra little twist on every tackle.

Better to be quiet and take it up with the league.  Refs almost never see this stuff if it happens before the whistle, and they don't seem to care much if there's some extra handsy behavior after the whistle.  I don't recall ever seeing any penalty called for twisty/holdy/handsy pile behavior!  Hitting/shoving, sure, but not just sitting there holding a guy!  It is tackle football, after all.

Someone needs to remind Strevie what Dave Dickenson clarified with the league before the 2019 WDF: a running QB can be treated as badly as a RB.  And ask Brady how bad that is.

But the damage may be done, moving forward, moaning or not, he's got a target on his back ankles.

Wayne Gretzky was known as a MAJOR whiner earlier in his playing career. Did not stop him from making NHL history! So sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. If you can back up your beefs, go at IT! :) Borderline stuff is not worth it though usually...move on and suck it up as things happen in a physical game. They are not playing flag football here!

Waffler

Quote from: Stretch on June 10, 2024, 06:20:53 PMBecause the command centre staff is just as inept as the on field officials.
Speaking of the command center... now that we can see in there I realize it offers zero insight other than they use what appears to be 20" monitors. They might as well just put up a still photo. Same every time.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 10, 2024, 03:55:12 PM[CITATIONS MISSING]

Delicious karma. ;D
Isn't it though!!

The D bag got exactly what he deserved. Love it when the football gods set things straight!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 10, 2024, 06:22:55 PMStubblefield's twist came AFTER the whistle, and was flagrant intent to injure.  It wasn't a football play.  It wasn't "being treated like an RB"

It was a concerted attempt to twist Strevelers leg in a direction a leg is not intended to go.

I'm not disputing the shady rough play.  But either one of two things is true:

1) Tacklers try to get in extra twists and nonsense whenever they can on all running ball carriers, especially the grinding RB's

or

2) The tackler specifically singled out Strevie to give the extra attention to

Either way, I'm right.  Next time there's a call-in show or something with Brady on it, I'm sending in the question.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on June 10, 2024, 10:22:08 PMSpeaking of the command center... now that we can see in there I realize it offers zero insight other than they use what appears to be 20" monitors. They might as well just put up a still photo. Same every time.

Ya, it's more like "oooh look at our (supposed) high-tech and how many people we have so we can get the call right -- trust us!"

They need to do like AAF did and let us hear the command conversation so we can see if they are addressing all the points us armchair refs are thinking up.
Never go full Rider!