Montreals best weapon

Started by DM83, June 08, 2024, 12:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

TecnoGenius

#30 Cosby?

Or is this a joke and MTL's best weapon was WPG #30?  (Ouch)
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Very confused about this thread

ModAdmin

I'm sure DM83 will expand on his OP before this thread disappears.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 08, 2024, 04:25:26 AMI'm sure DM83 will expand on his OP before this thread disappears.

Might take a week, though!  Maybe we should make a poll on it: what did DM mean by this post?  My money's on #30 Ford!  Book it!
Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 08, 2024, 04:30:00 AMMight take a week, though!  Maybe we should make a poll on it: what did DM mean by this post?  My money's on #30 Ford!  Book it!

Pretty sure that is what he is saying.  Pretty much every big play was in his vicinity.

dd

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 08, 2024, 12:33:26 PMPretty sure that is what he is saying.  Pretty much every big play was in his vicinity.
You noticed that trend too?? DM83 may have a point.....

TecnoGenius

Then please, someone, explain to me why Ford was down doing the NFL thing for an entire year?  Shouldn't he have been 1 tryout and done if he was awful?

What did MTL know ahead of time to pick Ford as the fall guy?  Or... did they test him early and then pick him due to on-field results?  I know I thought Ford would be a strong "new" player.  I thought Bonds would be the weak link.

Now the question is: Was this a "newbie" one-off weak game for Ford, or is he going to be a liability all season?  I think we all had huge hopes for him.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 10, 2024, 07:41:29 AMThen please, someone, explain to me why Ford was down doing the NFL thing for an entire year?  Shouldn't he have been 1 tryout and done if he was awful?

What did MTL know ahead of time to pick Ford as the fall guy?  Or... did they test him early and then pick him due to on-field results?  I know I thought Ford would be a strong "new" player.  I thought Bonds would be the weak link.

Now the question is: Was this a "newbie" one-off weak game for Ford, or is he going to be a liability all season?  I think we all had huge hopes for him.

Hey, I don't think Ford is a lost cause either,  but he essentially did have one try out and was down in the NFL. He was released at the end of training camp and spent the year waiting for another opportunity.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 10, 2024, 07:41:29 AMThen please, someone, explain to me why Ford was down doing the NFL thing for an entire year?  Shouldn't he have been 1 tryout and done if he was awful?

He wasn't playing corner...

Throw Long Bannatyne

Age old DC strategy, "go after the new guys repeatedly till they break", more often than not it forces mistakes and works.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 10, 2024, 01:45:22 PMHe wasn't playing corner...

You mean in the NFL?  So they were misusing him?  I don't follow NFL, so could use any insight you might have on this.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 10, 2024, 04:24:59 PMAge old DC strategy, "go after the new guys repeatedly till they break", more often than not it forces mistakes and works.

Ya, but why select Ford for this and not Bonds on the other side?  Weird.  I find CFL teams often focus on the boundary side WR over the strongside WR.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 12, 2024, 03:42:44 AMYou mean in the NFL?  So they were misusing him?  I don't follow NFL, so could use any insight you might have on this.

Ya, but why select Ford for this and not Bonds on the other side?  Weird.  I find CFL teams often focus on the boundary side WR over the strongside WR.

The Packers signed him as a corner I think but in training camp he played a lot of safety. Partly because they are deep at corner and because they had injuries at safety but also probably because they didn't love what they saw.

However, that's not to say I think he's misused or will be unsuccessful in the CFL. He could very well be a great CFL corner, especially on the field side. He gave up a few big plays but the sample size is low and all defensive backs give up big plays sometimes. It was far from a horrible showing even if there were some issues.

He's going to get tested a bunch next on Thursday so the great news is we won't have to wait long for the second report card. 

We need to give it a few games.

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 12, 2024, 04:46:56 AMThe Packers signed him as a corner I think but in training camp he played a lot of safety. Partly because they are deep at corner and because they had injuries at safety but also probably because they didn't love what they saw.

However, that's not to say I think he's misused or will be unsuccessful in the CFL. He could very well be a great CFL corner, especially on the field side. He gave up a few big plays but the sample size is low and all defensive backs give up big plays sometimes. It was far from a horrible showing even if there were some issues.

He's going to get tested a bunch next on Thursday so the great news is we won't have to wait long for the second report card. 

We need to give it a few games.

UDFAs need to be versatile, in the NFL.

I agree, it's a similar situation to Lokombo in Sask.