Kenny Lawler

Started by ModAdmin, June 07, 2024, 09:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberFan73

Quote from: Jesse on June 11, 2024, 08:42:47 PMUnfortunately, Kenny came with a pretty big bonus, so the cap savings will be pretty minimal.

Man, between lastyear & this year we really could have used a bump in Cap $ on Lawler

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 11, 2024, 08:42:47 PMUnfortunately, Kenny came with a pretty big bonus, so the cap savings will be pretty minimal.

Not exactly. It will still be $2K or more per game compared to an ELC guy. If he stays on the 6 game IR, then there is a $12K+ savings. Keeping in mind he may be on the IR for longer but I doubt they take him off early.

That's half what we overspent on the SMS in 2023. So it adds up.

The unofficial roster shows his SMS @ $285K but doesn't state the early signing bonus. I made my calculation on $100K left but it could be $180K I suppose. If so then we could be saving $5K-$6K over an ELC as an example.

I
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Foxhound

Quote from: theaardvark on June 11, 2024, 07:52:00 PMPretty sure the cast gives it away....

I'm not usually on forward lists for such photos. I don't have any inside lines/contacts. All I ask for is timely public disclosure where such disclosure should be posted.

:(

Radically Canadian!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Foxhound on June 11, 2024, 09:47:33 PMI'm not usually on forward lists for such photos. I don't have any inside lines/contacts. All I ask for is timely public disclosure where such disclosure should be posted.

:(

It's mentioned on CFL.CA and that he was moved to 6 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 11, 2024, 09:44:01 PMNot exactly. It will still be $2K or more per game compared to an ELC guy. If he stays on the 6 game IR, then there is a $12K+ savings. Keeping in mind he may be on the IR for longer but I doubt they take him off early.

That's half what we overspent on the SMS in 2023. So it adds up.

The unofficial roster shows his SMS @ $285K but doesn't state the early signing bonus. I made my calculation on $100K left but it could be $180K I suppose. If so then we could be saving $5K-$6K over an ELC as an example.

I

That feels pretty minimal to me.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on June 11, 2024, 11:55:04 PMThat feels pretty minimal to me.

If you read the entire 1st post you'd see I was speaking about the difference per game over an ELC. An ELC player gets about $4K and Lawler could still be earning $8K-$10K per game.

I also suggested that even at the lower estimate, it would be half of what we over spent in 2023. It's worth consideration.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 12, 2024, 12:09:44 AMIf you read the entire 1st post you'd see I was speaking about the difference per game over an ELC. An ELC player gets about $4K and Lawler could still be earning $8K-$10K per game.

I also suggested that even at the lower estimate, it would be half of what we over spent in 2023. It's worth consideration.

Yes, I read and understood your post. The savings over an ELC over 6 games is what we're talking about.

And if you read the post I was responding to, I think it's pretty easy to agree that these minimal cap savings are not going to equal a signing later in the season.
My wife is amazing!