Kenny Lawler

Started by ModAdmin, June 07, 2024, 09:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Quote from: Pigskin on June 08, 2024, 04:43:15 AMJohnson or Wheatfall will draw in for Lawler. Like to see the Bombers resign Cody Case or Sy, Barnett for the PR.

Definitely would like to see Sy Barnett brought back.  While I saw him only in TC, he caught virtually everything that was thrown his way.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on June 08, 2024, 04:43:15 AMJohnson or Wheatfall will draw in for Lawler. Like to see the Bombers resign Cody Case or Sy, Barnett for the PR.

I think it would pay future dividends to stick with the current crop of receivers in house including the PR list instead of looking for outside solutions, use the first half of the season to identify the best and get him up to speed by the time Lawler returns. Always good to have a healthy receiver familiar with the offence ready to go for the playoffs in case a late season injury occurs, rather than an inexperienced player that hasn't had any reps all season.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 08, 2024, 02:04:06 AMBut knowing Kenny, he won't like that

Tough cookies! 🙄 Paid to perform, not sit in the tub. Fluke injury maybe, but that's football life. It's what have you done for me lately often and not what you have done before.

Waffler

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 08, 2024, 05:32:54 AMDefinitely would like to see Sy Barnett brought back.  While I saw him only in TC, he caught virtually everything that was thrown his way.

I liked Johnson, Barnett and Adams in that order. So if they promote Johnson and put Barnett on the PR that would work for me.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on June 08, 2024, 03:18:44 AMYes we ve scored countless TD s in the past, but the past is the past, live in the here and now.

The grey cup ZC struggled, he was pitiful last night. Is it a boring , predictable playbook we keep running—-how many times do you run the Demski sweep?? Teams are well prepared for us now, got lots of film on what we like to do, we re not adapting, we re not changing, we re not making plays.

Exception to the above is the play of Olivera and Augustine who both ran very well last night.

Your comments in this thread are straight up unhinged.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

The Zipp

Kenny is officially on the 6 game - let the auditions commence for the next all-star receiver. 

J5V

If we're going to lose Kenny for a portion of the season I'd rather lose him early and have him later than vice versa.

As to the over-the-top criticism of our offence,  what crystal ball are you guys using that tells you we all-of-a-sudden suck on offence? I don't have a crystal ball but what I can look at is past performance and it's pretty darn good and we went to great lengths to keep most of those components in place.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on June 10, 2024, 01:51:36 AMAs to the over-the-top criticism of our offence,  what crystal ball are you guys using that tells you we all-of-a-sudden suck on offence? I don't have a crystal ball but what I can look at is past performance and it's pretty darn good and we went to great lengths to keep most of those components in place.

I predicted the O would win the game for us, as our D is stinky on paper.  But the crystal ball we had that made some of us on edge when studying the charts was:

a) Zero snaps for most of the O starters in PS;

b) Heavily revamped OL (including potentially much weaker RT) rightfully made a lot of us nervous;

c) Unsure how good a Yoshi and Gray-less run game would be for Brady;

I think the only huge shocker was just how horrid all the receivers and Zach were.  Zach specifically being unable to dial it in was very disconcerting.  Even washed-up BLM was able to dial in by the end of his game.  And did you see the accuracy of T.Harris?!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

I made the comment to my buddy before the games started that I hoped the defence could hold us in the games until the offence settled in, he told me he was expecting the exact opposite.

But Zach looked uncomfortable and had no timing with his receivers.

Brady was not his usual self and, like we said in the Grey Cup, if you're not healthy enough to practice, maybe you shouldn't be playing (we'll do this same dance next week too, I imagine).

OL was settled in day one of practice and should have had some pre-season snaps.

Play design was pedestrian. We just went quick routes when things got tough instead of adding motion and getting Zach out of the pocket looking for streaking receivers. It was a classic case of, "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

———————

All that said, I don't think we need to go scorched Earth here. Even if this is the season that ends the ride we've been on, these guys deserved the opportunity to keep it together until they couldn't. But I think they got some more juice left, they just might have to work for it a bit more this year.
My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Is "DD" actually Dariant Durant in disguise?! ;) Hope you enjoyed your little scam a few years ago Bud. Did DD even show up to training camp or just took his signing bonus and went home like a little spoiled boy?! :D

Foxhound

Quote from: The Zipp on June 09, 2024, 09:46:25 PMKenny is officially on the 6 game - let the auditions commence for the next all-star receiver.

Is he now? Not according to the Blue Bombers' official roster on their own website this morning:

https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

I really don't understand the Three Stooges routine on the Bombers' website. Do any of you fellows talk to anyone in the Bombers' office?

???
Radically Canadian!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Foxhound on June 11, 2024, 06:38:53 PMIs he now? Not according to the Blue Bombers' official roster on their own website this morning:

I really don't understand the Three Stooges routine on the Bombers' website. Do any of you fellows talk to anyone in the Bombers' office?

???

We learned last season, for current information the Bombers roster page is not the place to look....in fact there is no reliable place to look except on the field gameday!

theaardvark

Quote from: Foxhound on June 11, 2024, 06:38:53 PMIs he now? Not according to the Blue Bombers' official roster on their own website this morning:

???

Pretty sure the cast gives it away...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

peg_city

The good news is we'll have cap space to sign someone else when the NFL cuts happen.

RT, DE, CB etc.

Jesse

Quote from: peg_city on June 11, 2024, 08:18:21 PMThe good news is we'll have cap space to sign someone else when the NFL cuts happen.

RT, DE, CB etc.

Unfortunately, Kenny came with a pretty big bonus, so the cap savings will be pretty minimal.
My wife is amazing!