Traffic

Started by bwiser, June 06, 2024, 05:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

I was in the area of the stadium last night and there is a lot of construction on the way to the game. The perimeter has long delays between StAnnes Road and Pembina Highway. Route 165 has construction delays and route 90 is always slow. Allow plenty of time to get to the stadium tonight

Stretch

Had to look up what Route 165 was (the former "Bishop Grandin").

There is a lot of construction on SB Pembina approaching that area too. Basically there's construction everywhere.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_or_die

Par for the (Southwood) course. At least University Crescent is done.
#Ride?

bwiser

Quote from: Stretch on June 06, 2024, 07:34:09 PMHad to look up what Route 165 was (the former "Bishop Grandin").

There is a lot of construction on SB Pembina approaching that area too. Basically there's construction everywhere.
I didn't know how to spell whatever it is Bishop Grandin is called now so I just call it route 165

Jesse

Abinoji Mikinah

(That was without checking. It's not hard people).
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on June 06, 2024, 07:34:09 PMHad to look up what Route 165 was (the former "Bishop Grandin").

Always will be Bishop.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 07, 2024, 06:33:05 AMAlways will be Bishop.

Reported, this type of attitude is really unfortunate

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 07, 2024, 06:33:05 AMAlways will be Bishop, sorry not sorry

Only to crusty old men who will die off eventually.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Did you know the French organized many good things in the province?.  Why change a name of something or somebody to something unpronounceable. By 90% of the population.  If you don't like a guy who tried Educating others just give it a number and remove everybody's name.

Numbers are easily spellable, sayable and easy to write down.

Whatever it is called now is nome of those.imagine what a tourist would say.

Blueforlife

Quote from: DM83 on June 08, 2024, 02:36:04 AMDid you know the French organized many good things in the province?.  Why change a name of something or somebody to something unpronounceable. By 90% of the population.  If you don't like a guy who tried Educating others just give it a number and remove everybody's name.

Numbers are easily spellable, sayable and easy to write down.

Whatever it is called now is nome of those.imagine what a tourist would say.

Heavily disagree with everything you have said here.  You might want to consider more respect for the Indigenous population of the Province which makes up a significant portion of all people.  Reconciliation is a critical aspect of our life of Canadians and this forum needs to be a part of that process imo.

You are presenting opinions not facts here.

Taken from news story

"The streets' namesake, Vital-Justin Grandin, who died in 1902, was a Roman Catholic priest who is considered one of the architects of the residential school system."

Your post about a guy educating others is highly disrespectful.  Residential schools were not about education they existed to wipe out a culture and are generally consider a part of genocide conducted by Gov't of Canada and the Catholic Church.

ModAdmin

We're going to lock this as it is now off-topic anyway.  Suffice it to say everyone can have an opinion but keep in mind, the issue of indigenous rights and freedom is a sensitive issue and needs sensitive, reasoned and understanding responses.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden