New TSN PANEL

Started by GOLDMEMBER, June 05, 2024, 01:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 06, 2024, 04:20:11 PMI like Dunnigan in small doses. I loved him as a player, but he has trouble adding insight to a game, in my opinion.

I wish they'd get rid of Barker and Sanchez completely. Although Milt does seem to bring out the best in Sanchez, again, in my opinion. I think Milt forces Sanchez to occasionally go deeper than the lazy, superficial takes on a game.

Milt is the bad cop of the group, which was desperately needed.

Lapo is awesome - I could listen to him talk football all day. He's the one guy who seems to do his homework and never mails it in. I actually learn something when Lapo is talking. He could work on his delivery a bit, but that will come over time.

I like Beirness as a host. She keeps it fun and challenges the guys.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dunnigan moved to colour commentary, he's very good at it and brings excitement and enthusiasm to the broadcast.  As for Henoc, I don't hold a grudge but don't care much for his commentary style, as heard on "The Waggle Podcast", prefer Donnovan Bennett.

pdirks67

Quote from: Waffler on June 06, 2024, 09:24:03 PMLapo has put some unbelievable content on his youtube channel, much deeper than you would find on TSN.  Example: Cover 4 explained, not for 2 minutes like you might see at halftime but 16 minutes long. A lot of X's and O's. Also has up in depth pieces on what happens in training camp and pre-season game prep.

Cover 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfv2cIN913Y

His youtube home page
https://www.youtube.com/@coachlapo

I will definitely be checking this out - THANKS for posting!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on June 06, 2024, 04:32:45 PMTwould really be nice to spell Matt Dunigan's name correctly though.

:-\

I've been typing his name here for 10 years and I still have trouble remembering if it's 1 "n" or 2...  Not an easy name for spelling cues, and it's really not relatable to any other name in my life.  If anyone has a mnemonic, let me know!
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 07, 2024, 06:45:13 AMI've been typing his name here for 10 years and I still have trouble remembering if it's 1 "n" or 2...  Not an easy name for spelling cues, and it's really not relatable to any other name in my life.  If anyone has a mnemonic, let me know!

"Dun in again" is a nickname he had back in his playing days. Not sure if this helps you.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 07, 2024, 06:57:32 AM"Dun in again" is a nickname he had back in his playing days. Not sure if this helps you.

This is perfect, thanks!!  Just what the doctor ordered.  DUN In aGAiN.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 07, 2024, 07:22:07 AMThis is perfect, thanks!!  Just what the doctor ordered.  DUN In aGAiN.

You are welcome! 🙂👍

GOLDMEMBER

Mmmm Kate passes the Blue Bomber slammer to Henoc and the slam dunks the harsh ideas. Booo

Milt upset by Davis. What else is new lol

I guess new addition is ok. Fart!  :))
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Big Daddy

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 07, 2024, 06:57:32 AM"Dun in again" is a nickname he had back in his playing days. Not sure if this helps you.

My memory is that the nickname was "Down again".  Still one N, so still works.

While it wasn't inaccurate, Matty remains such a huge positive memory for me in my bomber history of following the team for more decades than I care to admit.

DM83

I dislike Muamba.  He's like a guy you would not invite to a party.  Lol! At least I wouldn't.  He appeared. Looking very tired, and offered more cliches than Rod Black.  He. Has usually offered original thought or lack of it. 

I agree with the post noting Matt is. Great in small doses. Agreed Lapo blows the doors off the  others....plus who knew?  Lapo has a personality!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on June 14, 2024, 06:52:28 AMI agree with the post noting Matt is. Great in small doses. Agreed Lapo blows the doors off the  others....plus who knew?  Lapo has a personality!

Lapo also knew how to get his O into the EZ on 1st & G at the 7 in 2019...
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

To me the panel has become too much of a comedy. The second half time segment was solely about what they all were wearing... what?  Not a single mention of football. At least they seem to be having a good time which is good because it does nothing for me.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

pdirks67

Watching TSN's Euro 2024 panel brings home how bad their CFL panel is.

The Euro panel: Prepared. Professional. Focused. Members have a deep vocabulary. Use replays to good effect to build on their comments. Play off each other well. Appear extremely knowledgeable and authoritative.

The CFL panel: None of the above.

Blueforlife

I am happy with the panel.

ModAdmin

The panel could be strengthened, IMHO, by replacing Sanchez and Muamba with LaPolice and BLM (when BLM soon retires).  Maybe Muamba has not yet had enough time for this opinion, however, I still believe either PLP or BLM would be better.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

DM83

Yes Mod I agree.
That. Play by play guy is a homer wanna bee.
CJOB should get rid of the guy they have, another wanna.bee
Nice comment in  the soccer guys. I don't watch, but I don't wanna hear from nobody .
Dunnigan might or should be being groomed for color commentary.

But back to Muamba.  How classless to go and criticize so much when the guy was a mercenary.  Not a very loyal guy moving every year (almost)as a player.

On yesterday's broadcast he was absent, and the flow was better? Maybe he gets better, but he doesn't fit into the panels chemistry. I hope he does not succeed.

Lapo is awesome.  I would think he will be coaching should he want it shortly.  Lapo in Edmonton, once the good there moves away.

Or back to Winnipeg, after OShea guides a player less squad to an awful season.