My seats now have obstructed view!

Started by boscoe, June 02, 2024, 10:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscoe

I arrive to my seats Friday and what do I see? A partial field!!

My seats and many more now have obstructed views due to the poor installation of new signs around the stadium.

Throughout the game I found others with similar issues and most were livid. It has to be be fixed.

All they need to do is install new brackets on the concrete and lower the sign by a foot.

This can not stay as is. Sadly its soo bad I wouldn't be able to continue as a season ticket holder.

ModAdmin

Let the Bomber office know. I am certain that they will try to accommodate you.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 02, 2024, 11:08:45 PMLet the Bomber office know. I am certain that they will try to accommodate you.
I seriously have my doubts this will be fixed in short order.

The entire first row of the upper decks signage blocks the first 5 yards the entire length of the field without being on the edge of my seat.

It is ridiculous no thought was put into place when installing this!

Big job to fix.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: boscoe on June 02, 2024, 10:46:02 PMI arrive to my seats Friday and what do I see? A partial field!!

My seats and many more now have obstructed views due to the poor installation of new signs around the stadium.

Throughout the game I found others with similar issues and most were livid. It has to be be fixed.

All they need to do is install new brackets on the concrete and lower the sign by a foot.

This cannot stay as is. Sadly its soo bad I wouldn't be able to continue as a season ticket holder.

You are 100% correct. This disappoints me the club could not foresee this. I am quite upset about this as well.

boscoe

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 02, 2024, 11:19:06 PMYou are 100% correct. This disappoints me the club could not foresee this. I am quite upset about this as well.

have you contacted the office? I have emailed and havent gotten a response. I'm gonna call Monday.

This isnt a nuisaance but a complete travesty that affects my enjoyment of the game.

everyone at the game was furious and many more weren't even there to see it yet. this also affects rows behind as I overheard someone about in row 6 complaining.

the bombers have to be hearing from so many that it will take them days to get back to me.

Blueforlife

What a joke, push them to fix it!

gobombersgo

I am in row 3 and can still see the whole field but I can no longer see the opposition's players on the sidelines unless I lean forward.

If they dont lower the signs they can just raise all the seats a few inches higher like the Jets did. lol

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: boscoe on June 03, 2024, 01:11:07 AMhave you contacted the office? I have emailed and havent gotten a response. I'm gonna call Monday.

This isnt a nuisaance but a complete travesty that affects my enjoyment of the game.

everyone at the game was furious and many more weren't even there to see it yet. this also affects rows behind as I overheard someone about in row 6 complaining.

the bombers have to be hearing from so many that it will take them days to get back to me.
I'll be calling them tomorrow do not worry! This cannot stay the way it is.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 03, 2024, 02:29:03 AMI am in row 3 and can still see the whole field but I can no longer see the opposition's players on the sidelines unless I lean forward.

If they dont lower the signs they can just raise all the seats a few inches higher like the Jets did. lol
It is far worse at row 1. The field of play is 5-10% blocked without sitting on the edge of my seat.

boscoe

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 03, 2024, 02:47:09 AMIt is far worse at row 1. The field of play is 5-10% blocked without sitting on the edge of my seat.

where I am each seat is different. next to me they cant see part of endzone. next to it they cant see sideline and corner of endzone.

TecnoGenius

Are you guys talking 200-level?  What signs?  Did they put signs over where there used to be the barred railing?  So now you can't see through the railings like before?

I'm way up high in 200-level and the view was exactly the same as last year for me.  I can see the guys standing on my-side sidelines but not the actual bench... but that's normal.  I can see the entire field minus the very back corner of the EZ, but again, that's normal.  Love my seats!

If you're talking the 100-level, this will be even more disturbing...

Besides the revamped ring of honor, I didn't notice anything different/new about the signage.  But then again I never pay any attention to signs.

I'll check out the pics I got of game 1 and see if I can tell what you guys are seeing.

Regardless, it almost certainly will not be an easy fix for WFC, nor cheap, and maybe not even possible without massive expenditure on all-new signage.  And they won't do that unless a looooooot people rage-complain.  You may get some perks to offset the inconvenience though.  And TM probably would be forced to mark the seats as "obstructed view".
Never go full Rider!

boscoe

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 03, 2024, 07:18:58 AMAre you guys talking 200-level?  What signs?  Did they put signs over where there used to be the barred railing?  So now you can't see through the railings like before?

I'm way up high in 200-level and the view was exactly the same as last year for me.  I can see the guys standing on my-side sidelines but not the actual bench... but that's normal.  I can see the entire field minus the very back corner of the EZ, but again, that's normal.  Love my seats!

Besides the revamped ring of honor, I didn't notice anything different/new about the signage.  But then again I never pay any attention to signs.

I'll check out the pics I got of game 1 and see if I can tell what you guys are seeing.

Regardless, it almost certainly will not be an easy fix for WFC, nor cheap, and maybe not even possible without massive expenditure on all-new signage.  And they won't do that unless a looooooot people rage-complain.  You may get some perks to offset the inconvenience though.  And TM probably would be forced to mark the seats as "obstructed view".

200 level due to ring of honor and new signs on other side that show grey cup yrs. most is empty space.

if they dont fix I'll have to cancel. I'm sure others will. ruins the entire game.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 03, 2024, 07:18:58 AMAre you guys talking 200-level?  What signs?  Did they put signs over where there used to be the barred railing?  So now you can't see through the railings like before?

The process may not be complete yet, but it sure sounds like someone in the planning dept. screwed up.

drahgon

Sounds like an uncharacteristic and easily avoidable flub by the Bombers. I sure hope they can remedy in short order. Those front row 200 level seats are/were arguably some of the best seats in the house.

ModAdmin

The Blue Bombers are aware of the issues of obstructed views and are working to find a solution.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden