Other teams' final cuts

Started by gobombersgo, June 01, 2024, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 04, 2024, 07:19:32 PMGood signing by the Riders, I'd say.

I hate that I agree. He's a solid veteran who's still got a fair amount of tread left - at the right price.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

GOLDMEMBER

Most times I saw BC play Sayles got burned. Time will tell. He had his good games and his terrible games.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Younger coached him, if he thought he'd be an asset, he'd be here.

I think Alford was maybe the last D player that looked good after leaving here...  a lot of success was due to our coaching and system.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on June 04, 2024, 04:50:55 PMHis play really dropped off last season.

To me he didn't get much notice because teams were staying away from him.  While he may have gotten burned a couple of times, I remember some very stout knockdowns too.  He's good at being in the hip pocket, and he rarely gets IC/DPI anymore.

Quote from: Jesse on June 04, 2024, 05:36:21 PMHe'll fit in well there.

Not sure if /s or not?

He's a capable vet DB.  I don't think any of us should hold a grudge over him.  He won his cup and took his big payday and we couldn't compete $M$ for all our great DBs.  I'm sure if he would have stayed for ELC we 100% retain him.

I'll always like Sayles for being a huge part of our 2019 GC.  Man, that DB corps was amazing.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2024, 06:56:51 AMTo me he didn't get much notice because teams were staying away from him.  While he may have gotten burned a couple of times, I remember some very stout knockdowns too.  He's good at being in the hip pocket, and he rarely gets IC/DPI anymore.

Not sure if /s or not?

He's a capable vet DB.  I don't think any of us should hold a grudge over him.  He won his cup and took his big payday and we couldn't compete $M$ for all our great DBs.  I'm sure if he would have stayed for ELC we 100% retain him.

I'll always like Sayles for being a huge part of our 2019 GC.  Man, that DB corps was amazing.

I don't hold a grudge against him for leaving, but he became a giant trash talker and started ran his mouth a few times before games against Winnipeg. Culturally, he seems to fit in with the Rider roster now.

Talk big, miss the play-offs.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on August 29, 2024, 11:18:46 PMWho?

A guy who's good enough that I'm glad he stuck in the NFL so we don't have to fight him in any GC!  He's like a cross between Ento and Houston.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Oh ok thanks.  Yeah sounds like a good player.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 03, 2024, 05:04:29 PMRedBlacks sign RB Morrow, release RB Armstead: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/03/redblacks-sign-running-back-jamal-morrow/

Wwwhhyyy??? Armstead must have crossed a line, pretty impressive running ability.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2024, 05:31:24 PMWwwhhyyy??? Armstead must have crossed a line, pretty impressive running ability.

From Farhan:

Armstead was not happy on the sidelines in Victoria during the game in Victoria when the #Redblacks were struggling. Teammates tried to calm him down on multiple occasions.

DM83

Man I love football.
Just watchin Friday Night Lights.  That's a pretty good movie.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 03, 2024, 05:04:29 PMRedBlacks sign RB Morrow, release RB Armstead: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/03/redblacks-sign-running-back-jamal-morrow/

Wow.  Morrow is hot garbage.  Armstead is headed to being the next Butler, IMHO.  Armstead was a very reliable (and cheap) fantasy pick after the first few weeks.

Guarantee someone will pick him up... the question is, who needs an upgrade at RB?  If SSK didn't have so much invested in marketing Oullette, they would totally be better with Armstead!  CGY could take a nibble... Maybe even MTL?  HAM?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on September 03, 2024, 09:59:52 PMArmstead was not happy on the sidelines in Victoria during the game in Victoria when the #Redblacks were struggling. Teammates tried to calm him down on multiple occasions.

There ya go.  No one should have been happy stinking up the joint like that in Victoria!!  It was pathetic and shameful for a 2nd place E team to do that.

Then again, you can get all insubordinate on your coaches.  If someone gets impertinent and won't shut up after you warn them, then cut their butt.  Can't start a trend or you lose the room.

However, OTT just got a whole heck of a lot weaker.
Never go full Rider!