Final roster day

Started by Blue In BC, June 01, 2024, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdirks67

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 02, 2024, 02:29:39 AM10:00 pm CDT

I figured I'd be late to the game, but still nothing?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 02, 2024, 03:37:41 AMI figured I'd be late to the game, but still nothing?

Nada.  I'm watching everywhere.  Nothing.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/06/01/cutdown-tracker-teams-make-their-final-roster-moves-2/

Has some funny comments right about now about WPG specifically...

Just like the depth charts not being up by a guaranteed time on cfl.ca, the league has dropped the ball now on roster cuts.

I guess there's still hope everyone got it wrong and the deadline is midnight local time...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Well, 1am WPG time and no cut list.  I'm watching every CFLish site.  Nothing from BC yet either.  I guess no one @CFL is bothering to care about this tonight.  No peep on bb.com either, so I'm a bit disappointed.

Oh well, I'll find out when I wake up tomorrow.  Unless we decided to keep everyone and cut no one!  :P
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

3:15 A.M. Mountain time and I STILL SEE NOTHING for Bombers cuts. Guess O'Shea and company are sleeping cozily in their beds not worrying too much about it! ;) Probably sitting in an e-mail or fax at CFL HQ, just nobody there to read or pick it up!! :D

P.S. Rowdy Roddy Black is BACK in the sports biz I notice! Saw him doing play by play on TSN for that new Canadian Basketball league the other weekend from the Peg! First home game for Winnipeg's team. Remember there was some lame basketball league in Winnipeg also in late 80's or early 90's. Think it was for players only 6'4" and under or something bizarre like that! Think I still have a game program from that! ;)

Waffler

I remember one year we didn't find out until we went to practice Sunday and tried to figure out who was  missing. That year there was a lot of chatter in the stands about one thing, everyone saying "Where's Stevie Baggs?" The internet has us spoiled now.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

The Zipp

Bombers seem to always wait until the very end - or maybe it's cause we care more about it...

Gotta think in the next couple of hours they will be released

GOLDMEMBER

Come on Blue Bombers fans want to know who has made this team! ???
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pdirks67

Quote from: The Zipp on June 02, 2024, 01:36:27 PMBombers seem to always wait until the very end - or maybe it's cause we care more about it...

Gotta think in the next couple of hours they will be released

I understand that you'd want to look at all the tape after the Friday game. And then inform the players before they see it online. And get all the practice roster stuff signed off. But, by rule, it should now be done. So I guess we're just waiting for people to roll out of bed and post it all on the various sites.

ModAdmin

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 02, 2024, 01:55:31 PMI understand that you'd want to look at all the tape after the Friday game. And then inform the players before they see it online. And get all the practice roster stuff signed off. But, by rule, it should now be done. So I guess we're just waiting for people to roll out of bed and post it all on the various sites.

You can be sure the Bombers have notified the league by 10 pm last night but they always want to make sure the players know before the information is released to the public, whether or not the news is released by the CFL or the Bombers.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 02, 2024, 02:06:44 PMYou can be sure the Bombers have notified the league by 10 pm last night but they always want to make sure the players know before the information is released to the public, whether or not the news is released by the CFL or the Bombers.

Ya, makes sense.  But this is kind of the same problem I have with the depth chart procedure and/or the existence or not of the mysterious mythical provided-to-the-league game-day roster (vs the graphic we fans get): public transparency.

If there's a deadline for certain documents mandated by the league then that deadline should include public availability, preferably in a central, easily-found location.

If 10pm was the deadline then there should have been a CFL.ca page that was guaranteed to have all those documents for us to see by 10pm.  No exceptions.  Same with the weekly game depth charts.  (It's easy for someone to program a way for the teams to put those documents in place even if everyone from the league itself is asleep.)

I wonder how the NFL handles these things.  I'm going to guess they handle it much better.
Never go full Rider!