Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg - May 31, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 30, 2024, 02:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Listening to the game on OB.....not pretty....yeah it's pre-season but that's a poor effort all around.....
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 01, 2024, 03:19:02 AMI prefer a bigger DB too, but small seems to be the trend

Lack of height becomes a liability defending against taller receivers.

BomberFan73

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 01, 2024, 03:35:49 AMD. Ford beaten for a pass to 1 yard line. Did you see that now?

It wasn't a great play, but that doesn't change what I said

BomberFan73

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 01, 2024, 03:38:38 AMLack of height becomes a liability defending against taller receivers.
Hackett is another smaller guy that has made plays

BomberFan73

Pete

Disappointed that we didn't see enough players make any impact, just some random notes;
Adams on the dl impressed, I really hope we go with 2 import interior lineman, Adams and Fox
Moses looked good but was he injured? Might be an issue with him. Tre Thomas looks like he might be a player.
 No dbs stood out, I agree D Ford was picked on. and I like Hackett's compete just not big enough. Mcphee didn't look great either.
 No receivers stood out either, didn't help that the qbs were just bad.
 Smith has won the returner job.
 I liked Rosary , just don't know if we have room for him. 
 Looks like we need to scout some more for a 3rd string qb.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

QB: Terrible. Bring in Cornelius.

KR: Smith

LB: Thomas, Petrishen, Gemmel.

DL: Upshaw, Adams, Rivers.

DB: Bridges, Fuller, Norman.

RB: Rosery to the PR.

Short rainy practice week coming up. Next Thursday will be interesting.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

It was a disappointing effort/performance but Calgary's offence involved their #1 and #2 quarterbacks against our #3 and #4.  We did give our rookies some reps but nothing really stood out other than Smith's great return for a TD.  Others had their moments but our defence was run over no matter what or who Calgary threw at the Bombers.  This was the first pre-season schedule where we used pretty well all rookies in both games in my recent recollection.

It will be an interesting game against Montreal on June 6th.  Hopefully our vets come ready to play.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

I am wondering if BO20 will be ready with 2 days of practice for next Thursdays game?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

I thought it was a pretty good night for us. Their starters didn't do much against our backups and we were surprisingly stout against the run.

Sure our offense didn't score much but we had a truly all backup unit out there and a first year QB along with a guy who has been here a week.

I wouldn't want to be Calgary after the first half. Super disappointing for them given the guys they played and who they played against.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on May 30, 2024, 07:39:48 PMIt will be a very "green" roster...but hey preseason. I am at least a tiny bit concerned with many of our starters not at least getting a couple series...but we have made the cup four years in a row so...
I am looking forward to seeing the defensive front seven. With the amount of inexperience on offence, I don't expect too many things to jump out.

I am pulling for Smith to show something on the return game, and for Moses to show that he is healthy and is still the type of impact player that he showed in his early college/pre college days.

Montreal sat almost ALL their starters from last season in their last pre-season game too against Ottawa. Fajardo not even listed on the stats sheet. So BOTH teams going in guessing who the starters will be on each team (wink wink nudge nudge! ;)) and early season guessing games already in full swing!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :D ;)

ichabod_crane

Quote from: gordo on May 31, 2024, 04:28:21 PMLooks like the game is not on TSN.  Anyone know how to stream it? 

I'll fire up my Commodore 64 and get the dial-up modem out of the basement.

Thanks and go Blue! 

Pulled out my old TRS-80 to view the game earlier! :D How about a Sinclair from the 70's or Apple II?! ;)

ichabod_crane

Quote from: gordo on May 31, 2024, 04:28:21 PMLooks like the game is not on TSN.  Anyone know how to stream it? 

I'll fire up my Commodore 64 and get the dial-up modem out of the basement.

Thanks and go Blue! 

Pulled out my old TRS-80 to view the game earlier! :D How about a Sinclair from the 70's or Apple II?!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2024, 08:30:34 PMBut in MOS we must trust.  He hasn't let us down yet.  I guess if I can take the liberty to sum up what the general feeling on the forum probably is, it's "but maybe we should have given Zach/starters 2 series, not 0 in PS#2".

Agreed. In the Manitoba Mafia we trust!! ;) Better than the futility of even just a decade ago!! :) Bombers were a joke back then for several years. I know sports teams go in cycles often, but that was BRUTAL!! Even going back farther to TJ Rubley and the Harley Davidson and the Marboro man coach was all a gimmick. Like bringing in Johnny Football Manziel! Doomed to fail from the beginning.