Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg - May 31, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 30, 2024, 02:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Mitchell has to catch that. I think he's dropped 2 now in this game.  Starting to see many rookie make mistakes.

Sheehan takes too long to get his punts off??

Ok. Smith is our returner. Normally I would think you let that bounce into the end zone and not catch it on the 1 or 2 yard line. Not sure what he was told to do though.

There seem to be some good work from some of our defensive players. Trying to determine who is doing what is not easy though. So many players rotating in and out.

Adams, Upshaw and Rivers made some good plays on the DL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BomberFan73

Grainger's getting more time than I thought.  Wilson back in soon?

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 01, 2024, 01:29:55 AMMitchell has to catch that. I think he's dropped 2 now in this game.  Starting to see many rookie make mistakes.

Sheehan takes too long to get his punts off??

Ok. Smith is our returner. Normally I would think you let that bounce into the end zone and not catch it on the 1 or 2 yard line. Not sure what he was told to do though.

There seem to be some good work from some of our defensive players. Trying to determine who is doing what is not easy though. So many players rotating in and out.

Adams, Upshaw and Rivers made some good plays on the DL.
Sheehans punts took forever to get off last year!! Not keen on the prospects of him being our punter this year

DCM

@Wpg_BlueBombers
The second half will start at approximately 9:40 pm.

#ForTheW
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Blue In BC

I think many of the DB's playing now will be released tomorrow. D.Ford,N.McCarthy and M. Griffin. Players playing now are fighting mostly for PR spots IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BomberFan73

BomberFan73

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 01, 2024, 02:51:09 AMI think many of the DB's playing now will be released tomorrow. D.Ford,N.McCarthy and M. Griffin. Players playing now are fighting mostly for PR spots IMO.

Ford just made another play.  Don't think he'll be cut tomorrow.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Kind of dumb not to play a QB that can stretch the field and test receivers ability to get open and make plays.

Blue In BC

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 01, 2024, 03:04:21 AMFord just made another play.  Don't think he'll be cut tomorrow.

He's also been beaten quite a bit on other plays. Stamps back ups to back ups are in that he's defending.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BomberFan73

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 01, 2024, 03:06:25 AMKind of dumb not to play a QB that can stretch the field and test receivers ability to get open and make plays.
Assume you mean Zach.  But if they did play him, and he got hurt imagine the uproar for playing him in a nothing game?

BomberFan73

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 01, 2024, 03:10:13 AMHe's also been beaten quite a bit on other plays. Stamps back ups to back ups are in that he's defending.
He may be released, but I don't know if I see what you see

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 01, 2024, 03:13:16 AMHe may be released, but I don't know if I see what you see

Roster says he's 5'-8" but I don't believe it, too short to platy DB IMO.

BomberFan73

I prefer a bigger DB too, but small seems to be the trend

Blue In BC

D. Ford beaten for a pass to 1 yard line. Did you see that now? He has made 5 DT's so far but that's been an indication he's being targeted IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions