Preseason Games - Other Teams

Started by TecnoGenius, May 27, 2024, 03:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluehawk

He looked very similar to 2019 Strev.  His reads & passing might be a bit better, though.  Mechanics looked similar, but not identical -- that weird arm motion of his.  Reads are the important thing in the CFL, not letting the D's fool you like they did Barriere.  If he could have massively improved one thing in the NFL, it's reads.  He looked very good in the PS1 game.

And he still has the oomph to run over LBers and DBs.  I love it!!  He doesn't have to do it all the time, just enough to keep them thinking about it.

Picked up my tickets last Saturday and had a few minutes to watch the afternoon practice.
In particular, I was watching the QB's run a dual pass drill with short and deep passes running together.
Stev's deep balls were bang on...better than I remember during Strev1.0.
I really expect Strev2.0 to excel with the Bomber offence in the years to come.
He was good before and the time down south has made him better.

Go Blue

Hawk
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Pigskin

Malik Henry out for the season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on May 29, 2024, 08:28:22 PMMalik Henry out for the season.

Sucks for him especially after the torn Achilles. Guessing it's an ACL.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 29, 2024, 12:59:50 PMMike Miller speaks!  Can't recall him ever being interviewed before.

He may have been when breaking those ST records.

Hey, when do these things air?  Is it possible to get a reminder here on the forum 24 hours before air time?
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2024, 09:04:43 PMHe may have been when breaking those ST records.

Hey, when do these things air?  Is it possible to get a reminder here on the forum 24 hours before air time?

They're on You Tube under "The Huddle", like, subscribe and ring the bell and you'll receive notification.  According to Ed Tait, they plan to air an episode every week.

dd

Dru Brown looking better tonight, he ll be ok in Ottawa.

Montreal has a pretty decent kicker returner, be interesting to see if he sticks to their final roster and if he doesn't I d pick him up.

ichabod_crane

I see NO stats for Janarion Grant for Argos today. Maybe did not dress as so late to camp.

TecnoGenius

To the conversation about trying to win your home PS game: the final stats are in.

Home teams went 6-3 in the pre-season, or .666

Clearly teams try to, and succeed at winning at home for their fans.  They leave the starters in longer.  It's pretty obvious.

The only teams that lost were:

- HAM (even with BLM starting a full half they seem to be just as hopeless as 2023)
- EDM (need I say more)

and
- WPG

And out of all the lose-at-home games, we got whooped the worst (21 point differential).  EDM lost by a hair (1 pt), HAM lost by 9.

All of the top-4 favorites to win the 2024 GC won theirs... except WPG.

While "in MOS we trust", this must not please WM too much... it's bad from a hype & sales perspective.  I went into the Bomber Store post-game in PS2 and the place was deeeeeeaaaaaad compared to any other game.  Ya, it was just a PS with "announced" 24k attendance, maybe half actually there, but I expected some more people to be in the store!  Losing by 21 isn't great for merch sales.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

I don't care about merch sales.

I care about a new OL that has never played together. Brady running behind this new OL for the first time.

A defensive secondary without any practice calling out coverages to each other, a new look linebacker core. These guys talk on the field in order to handoff players as receivers run through each other's zones, etc. but they have zero practice communicating with one another in a game.

My fear is that we've jumped the shark a bit and are putting too much faith in our roster's experience, when we have an influx of inexperience this season.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on June 05, 2024, 11:10:39 AMI don't care about merch sales.

I care about a new OL that has never played together. Brady running behind this new OL for the first time.

A defensive secondary without any practice calling out coverages to each other, a new look linebacker core. These guys talk on the field in order to handoff players as receivers run through each other's zones, etc. but they have zero practice communicating with one another in a game.

My fear is that we've jumped the shark a bit and are putting too much faith in our roster's experience, when we have an influx of inexperience this season.

The only OL that hasn't "played together" is Lofton.  Dobson in for Gray is not new. Dobson has been with the team and filling in at OG for 2 years.  Many people may suggest that Dobson is an upgrade.

Lofton, at RG, has a lot of experience, has worked with Costello before, and would not be starting if he wasn't ready to go.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 06, 2024, 05:22:49 PMThis.

Roughriders suffer $1.1M loss following poor 2023 season.

So, the Riders are loser on and off the field? 

Who'd have ever thought that with Mosaic II in a salary cap league, and being the only game in town, that a team could lose money?

Shocking.

Looks like we will be contributing to the Riders in "revenue sharing"...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on June 06, 2024, 05:59:50 PMSo, the Riders are loser on and off the field? 

Who'd have ever thought that with Mosaic II in a salary cap league, and being the only game in town, that a team could lose money?

Shocking.

It goes to show you that running a CFL franchise is really hard. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down and sometimes you're the Edmonton Elks.  If the Riders can lose money, everyone can.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 06, 2024, 05:59:50 PMSo, the Riders are loser on and off the field? 

Shocking.

Haha, it's looking like the revenue sharing is this:

HAVES:
WPG

HAVENOTS:
everyone else

When even the Greenies are sticking their hands in our pockets, you know things aren't great for the league.

Is WFC allowed to keep any of its profit anymore??   :D  :D  :D

If any Greenie gives me any grief @LDC or BB this year, I'll be sure to remind them they are now a "have not" team with a lame fairweather fanbase!   ;D  ;D  ;D  :o  8)
Never go full Rider!