Blue Bombers Transactions - May 25, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 25, 2024, 04:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 25, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., May 25, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American quarterback Darren Grainger (6-4, 225, Georgia State)
American defensive lineman Taylor Upshaw (6-5, 240, Arizona)
American defensive lineman Devin Adams (6-2, 290, Peru State)

Released from roster:

American quarterback Eric Barriere
American defensive lineman Jabari Ellis
American defensive back Anthony Witherstone
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Ok, looks like 1 new DE and 1 new DT candidate in the mix.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Wow, they waited about 4 years for Barriere on their neg. list and cut him after one pre-season game.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 25, 2024, 04:21:32 PMWow, they waited about 4 years for Barriere on their neg. list and cut him after one pre-season game.

Sunk cost fallacy, you know?
My wife is amazing!

kkc60

Disappointed about Barriere but Grainger is BIG. Too badly not stats provided for these guys. Looks like Adams was also a punter along with DT in college.

Upshaw looks promising as well.

Jesse

Quote from: kkc60 on May 25, 2024, 04:44:23 PMDisappointed about Barriere but Grainger is BIG. Too badly not stats provided for these guys. Looks like Adams was also a punter along with DT in college.

Upshaw looks promising as well.

Google search away:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4369448/darren-grainger
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Guys couldn't play at a higher level, as proven by their indifferent performance?.
If it were the jets, there would be 2/3 the roster, cut.
Helebucyk was awful.

So back to the Bombers.  Are the rt tackle and left guard worth their salt?
Do we have five DBs that can play?
Who is the fifth receiver?

kkc60

Quote from: DM83 on May 25, 2024, 04:53:34 PMGuys couldn't play at a higher level, as proven by their indifferent performance?.
If it were the jets, there would be 2/3 the roster, cut.
Helebucyk was awful.

So back to the Bombers.  Are the rt tackle and left guard worth their salt?
Do we have five DBs that can play?
Who is the fifth receiver?
All questions that we hopefully will have an answer to after friday.

Sir Blue and Gold

I guess Barriere wasn't getting any better in training camp. That's too bad. He had all the ingredients and the right resume. Another defensive tackle makes sense given Lawson is gone very long term.

kkc60

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 25, 2024, 07:19:10 PMI guess Barriere wasn't getting any better in training camp. That's too bad. He had all the ingredients and the right resume. Another defensive tackle makes sense given Lawson is gone very long term.
They didn't really add another one, just swapped two out

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on May 25, 2024, 07:29:27 PMThey didn't really add another one, just swapped two out

Certainly didn't notice Jabari Ellis underperforming, maybe he wasn't a great attitude fit.

kkc60

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 25, 2024, 07:55:39 PMCertainly didn't notice Jabari Ellis underperforming, maybe he wasn't a great attitude fit.
I think he was bottom of the roster anyways, see what they have elsewhere

BomberFan73

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 25, 2024, 04:21:32 PMWow, they waited about 4 years for Barriere on their neg. list and cut him after one pre-season game.

Guess preseason games matter afterall  :P

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: BomberFan73 on May 25, 2024, 10:45:40 PMGuess preseason games matter afterall  :P

It obviously didn't help but I doubt it was the only strike against him.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on May 25, 2024, 10:45:40 PMGuess preseason games matter afterall  :P

I love Barriere's name (which the announcers got wrong as per French rules, but who knows how he asks to have it prounounced), but talk about not taking advantage of your big shot!  He clearly looked the weaker choice next to Wilson.

It's a tough business, but they all know how it works.  But remember the Piggy Syndrome...  In any event, with Strevie in-house the issue of "who is #3" becomes far less urgent.
Never go full Rider!