Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - May 20, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 19, 2024, 05:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

First OGDT of 2024!  CFL and Blue Bomber Football has returned!

Although is is a preseason game, it will be crucially important for the many rookies on this team.

Zach Collaros is a healthy scratch leaving Chris Streveler, Eric Barriere and Terry Wilson to run the offence.

Key positions to watch will be on OLine (replacements for Hardrick and Gray) and DBacks (replacements for Houston and Rose).  Keep an eye on Miles Fox, odds on favourite, to replace Ricky Walker and Celestin Haba front runner to replace Jackson Jeffcoat.

More to follow...

Go Bombers!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Looks like a lot of the Bomber starters will be at home for this one. My biggest concern is D. Mostly DL, and DB. Also our kick return game. Would be nice to see someone other then Gauthier step up at MLB. A player like, #55 Petrishen has looked good in practice. Let's see what he can do again the Riders.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

kkc60

Lofton and Ivy at RT worries me, the fact Vanterpool and Keith are listed as guards is also surprising.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

So I take it this game will not be televised on TSN and the only way to watch it is on CFL+ with a VPN to fake a location other than Canada?

pdirks67

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 19, 2024, 07:00:02 PMSo I take it this game will not be televised on TSN and the only way to watch it is on CFL+ with a VPN to fake a location other than Canada?

You won't need a VPN.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pdirks67 on May 19, 2024, 07:31:53 PMYou won't need a VPN.

You're correct, only regular season games require a VPN, pre-season games do not. Thanks.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on May 19, 2024, 06:07:23 PMLooks like a lot of the Bomber starters will be at home for this one. My biggest concern is D. Mostly DL, and DB. Also our kick return game. Would be nice to see someone other then Gauthier step up at MLB. A player like, #55 Petrishen has looked good in practice. Let's see what he can do again the Riders.   

Why isn't Charbonneau listed at LB??? Why would they leave him at home?

Blue In BC

Lots of veteran staying home. Quite a few rookies not making the trip. No idea whether that means they are higher up the depth chart, lower on the depth chart or dealing with some nicks.

Regardless some players are only going to get a limited number of reps. Make the most of it.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 19, 2024, 08:04:00 PMWhy isn't Charbonneau listed at LB??? Why would they leave him at home?

Another kid that looked good in camp.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Waffler

Thinking that Sask will want to win their first one with new HC, establish an identity. Probably play the vets a fair bit, it being a home game. 
You cannot view this attachment.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

BomberFan73

Quote from: Pigskin on May 19, 2024, 06:07:23 PMLooks like a lot of the Bomber starters will be at home for this one. My biggest concern is D. Mostly DL, and DB. Also our kick return game. Would be nice to see someone other then Gauthier step up at MLB. A player like, #55 Petrishen has looked good in practice. Let's see what he can do again the Riders.   

Going by the depth chart maybe Petri Dish is the heir to Wilson's spot?  I'm looking forward to Moses parting the OLine and making plays, as well as that other guy - he's a Gem(mel)  ;D

gobombersgo

Bombers that aren't playing in the first pre-season game:

Zach Collaros 8 QB A

Brady Oliveira 20 RB N   Injured Veteran

Dalton Schoen 83 WR A
Nic Demski 10 WR N   Injured Veteran
Ronnie Blackmon 15 WR A
Tyler Adams 74 WR A
Keric Wheatfall 79 WR A
Josh Johnson 84 WR A
Isaiah Coulter 73 WR A
Josh Vann 81 WR A

Patrick Neufeld 53 OL N   "retired"
Tui Eli 65 OL N

Jake Thomas 95 DT N                                         

Adam Bighill 4 LB A   6 game injury
Kyrie Wilson 19 LB A
Max Charbonneau 39 LB N

Deatrick Nichols 1 DB A
Brandon Alexander 37 DB A
Jamal Parker 7 DB A   6 game injury
Evan Holm 31 DB A
Noah Hallett 23 DB N   6 game injury
Patrick Rogers 3 DB A
Michael Griffin 38 DB A

TecnoGenius

Quote from: kkc60 on May 19, 2024, 06:43:43 PMLofton and Ivy at RT worries me, the fact Vanterpool and Keith are listed as guards is also surprising.

Hmmm... as some suspected, we may be hedging our bets by at least paying lip service to the backup plan of starting 3 IMP OL... Maybe we weren't so crazy after all!!  It would sure be cool to have that option, given the extra NAT @Sam.

This game might give us an early feel for how much improved Strevie is.  Is it same ol' Strevie or NFL-improved Strevie?  I want to see a lot of downfield passes and very little running... we don't need a broken ankle in a PS!

Augustine might be fighting for his backup role in this game!  I bet he's hoping Rosery doesn't shine.

Richie Hall #0 lining up at weak side slot?  That's why he couldn't be full-time DC anymore!   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Why on earth is Lawler going and starting?!?  Did he request to?  Is his job at risk??

Other than RG, the OL we're starting in this game me be our desired set for the season.  I guess we want to see if they're gelling.  I don't know why, but I'm crazy stoked to see what Wallace can do in the run game.

Murphy may have to step up and shine if he wants the BOO job.

Not sure I like that vertical line in the middle of SSK's D chart... but I'll reserve final judgement...

So who's going??
Never go full Rider!