Main Training Camp News and Observations

Started by ModAdmin, May 12, 2024, 06:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on May 14, 2024, 05:12:04 PMThere's only cuts if you're over the roster limits.

And I guess the idea is you bring in more guys than you're able to have because there's going to be a certain number of guys who don't show up, some don't pass their physicals, others get injured, etc, etc.

In theory each team will have to cut 10 players or put them on IR / suspension. IIRC the Bombers had 4 rookie players not show up for the rookie camp.

The rookies that showed up ( that weren't released in round 1 ) will have had 3 days of rookie camp and 3 days of the main TC.

It's not a lot of time but any early injury or arrival is not good for those players.

Interesting question about splitting up time for different groups. That might work but you need the interaction between offence and defence as well.

Bombers 1st pre season game is on the 20th so roster needs to trimmed as we move forward.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BomberFan73

who were the 4 rookies that didn't show?

Blue In BC

Quote from: BomberFan73 on May 14, 2024, 06:18:20 PMwho were the 4 rookies that didn't show?

The 4 below should be included as it looks like none of them showed up to rookie camp:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Anyone go see today?

The Winnipeg Sports talk spent all of 3 mins on the Blue Bombers. Kinda sad there. Spent all the time rambling about Lemon and Kelly BS.
Endless Jets talk. They are out nothing will happen for a while. Let's talk Blue Bombers .

Rant over
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

Quick Hits | Training Camp — Day 3

"...Chris-Ike was a late arrival to Blue Bombers camp after first attending rookie mini-camp with the New York Jets, and then the New Orleans Saints last weekend. His statistics at Delaware State hardly scream out — he had just 15 carries last year for the Hornets — but his testing numbers were eye-popping and that led to the NFL interest. He was one of the standouts at the CFL Combine, posting the fastest times in the 40-yard dash (4.51 seconds), 3-cone drill (6.71 seconds) and short shuttle (4.19 seconds).

"The highlight (of the Jets/Saints camps) was the experience and learning to be a pro," said Chris-Ike of his two weekends with NFL teams. "It's all the ins and outs you don't see behind the scenes. When you're watching from home you don't really see the preparation that goes in hand, learning that and then learning the offence and all that stuff.

"I tried to stay in the moment, in the present, and stay focussed on the task at hand. I knew I was drafted here, of course, so it's hard in the back (of your mind) to cancel out everything. But I tried to stay in the present moment and where my feet are......"

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/05/14/quick-hits-training-camp-day-3-3/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

BomberFan73

Blue In BC

I haven't seen any cuts anywhere in the CFL last night. Maybe we see some activity early this am?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Why are we sure we are releasing people today? Is there a cut-down rule for the 15th or something?

gobombersgo

BLUE BOMBERS TRANSACTIONS MAY 15

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from roster:
Canadian Linebacker Jared Beeksma
American receiver Ravi Alston
American running back Ronnie Brown
American defensive lineman John Waggoner
American defensive back Raleigh Texada
American defensive back CJ Siegel

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 15, 2024, 01:13:46 PMWhy are we sure we are releasing people today? Is there a cut-down rule for the 15th or something?

Yes down from 85 counters to 75. In theory that means 10 possibly being released.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

I guess Ravi didn't show enough progress from year 1 to 2. Beeksma is the only other guy of some note. We signed him in July last year and he got in a couple games.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 15, 2024, 01:20:30 PMYes down from 85 counters to 75. In theory that means 10 possibly being released.

Blue In BC

I thought Beeksma might be in tough. Charbonneau was probably ahead of him on the depth chart as the replacement for Briggs.

That said, we drafted 2 global LB's and have more import LB's in camp than last year. I have no certainty about how we use our DI's yet but Clements is also gone as one of the DI's last year.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 15, 2024, 01:30:32 PMI thought Beeksma might be in tough. Charbonneau was probably ahead of him on the depth chart as the replacement for Briggs.

That said, we drafted 2 global LB's and have more import LB's in camp than last year. I have no certainty about how we use our DI's yet but Clements is also gone as one of the DI's last year.

Yea. I would say kick/punt cover is definitely one area they are looking to improve and we'll probably see a few more changes yet.

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 15, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., May 15, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from roster:

Canadian Linebacker Jared Beeksma
American receiver Ravi Alston
American running back Ronnie Brown
American defensive lineman John Waggoner
American defensive back Raleigh Texada
American defensive back CJ Siegel
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden