Main Training Camp News and Observations

Started by ModAdmin, May 12, 2024, 06:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Neufled back on the field today, but no BO20 or ND10.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on May 29, 2024, 04:08:19 AMNeufled back on the field today, but no BO20 or ND10.

I was at practice yesterday for the corporate BBQ so I just caught the tail end, but Oliveria was on-field in a sweater and shorts once main camp had ended looking as healthy as you could tell from the concourse. Whatever is keeping him out didn't appear to be very concerning to my untrained eye. I didn't see Demski but wasn't on the lookout for him either.

Today is the last real day of training camp, followed by a walkthrough tomorrow and cutdown weekend after Friday's game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 29, 2024, 01:00:46 PMI was at practice yesterday for the corporate BBQ so I just caught the tail end, but Oliveria was on-field in a sweater and shorts once main camp had ended looking as healthy as you could tell from the concourse. Whatever is keeping him out didn't appear to be very concerning to my untrained eye. I didn't see Demski but wasn't on the lookout for him either.

Today is the last real day of training camp, followed by a walkthrough tomorrow and cutdown weekend after Friday's game.

Who did it appear were getting the 1st team reps on the DL and MLB?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 29, 2024, 01:11:09 PMWho did it appear were getting the 1st team reps on the DL and MLB?

Unfortunately I am no help there, sorry. I only saw the tail-end of actual practice (it ended up 30 minutes earlier than scheduled) and I was doing the chatting/mingling thing as they were doing final practice reps.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 29, 2024, 02:15:15 PMUnfortunately I am no help there, sorry. I only saw the tail-end of actual practice (it ended up 30 minutes earlier than scheduled) and I was doing the chatting/mingling thing as they were doing final practice reps.

Fair enough. I think most of us have a fairly good idea of which players will make the roster. In any case, IMO we'll see a new group of DI's that may get rotated in quite a bit. In that sense " starters " is a broad term.

Some of the battles will be close and held loosely be winning candidates IMO. That's not a bad thing necessarily but it's different than a rookie beating out a veteran that was still on the roster.

Final cuts and assignment to PR is always interesting.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 29, 2024, 01:00:46 PMI was at practice yesterday for the corporate BBQ so I just caught the tail end, but Oliveria was on-field in a sweater and shorts once main camp had ended looking as healthy as you could tell from the concourse. Whatever is keeping him out didn't appear to be very concerning to my untrained eye. I didn't see Demski but wasn't on the lookout for him either.

Tell us more about this BBQ and why I wasn't there
#Ride?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 29, 2024, 06:07:27 PMTell us more about this BBQ and why I wasn't there

Haha - I am not sure why you weren't there! But it's an annual thing the Bombers do to thank their business partners and corporate sponsors and seems to fall towards the end of camp. Guests watch the last bit of camp and then this year we were in the Pinnacle Lounge for BBQ food and a live band. Wade Miller says a few words and then many players come up and eat lunch and mingle for a few before their afternoon meetings. We were joined by Shayne Gauthier and Deatrick Nichols and both super friendly and fun to spend a meal with.

Pigskin

A lot of players not practicing today. Hallett, Haba, Garbutt, Alexander, Strev17, BO20, ELI, DS83.  Bighill wondering around, but not running.

Wilson making some nice throws. #71 Sy Barnett made some outstanding catches. Wilson and Barnett hooking up on a beautiful deep throw in the end zone.

Demski back at practice and caught a nice bomb from ZC8 for a TD.

#93 Upshaw, 6'5" 240, seemed to be giving the OL all they could handle.

Looks like it's down to Cruickshank, and Josh Vann, getting most of the rep. at punt return. 

Lawson on the sidelines. with crutches, in flip flops. So it's a leg injury, but no knee or ankle brace. 

LXTSN

Quote from: Pigskin on May 29, 2024, 06:49:55 PMA lot of players not practicing today. Hallett, Haba, Garbutt, Alexander, Strev17, BO20, ELI.  Bighill wondering around, but not running.

Wilson making some nice throws. #71 Sy Barnett made some outstanding catches. Wilson and Barnett hooking up on a beautiful deep throw. 

Demski back at practice and caught a nice bomb from ZC8.

#93 Upshaw, 6'5" 240, seemed to be giving the OL all they could handle.

Looks like it's down to Cruickshank, and Josh Vann, getting most of the rep. at punt return. 

Lawson on the sidelines. with crutches, in flip flops. leg injury, but no knee or ankle brace. 
Any looks at the new QB in camp?

Pigskin

Quote from: LXTSN on May 29, 2024, 06:58:15 PMAny looks at the new QB in camp?

Has a good arm, quick release, seems to move well. But, he didn't look that good once he went up against some pressure from the D. Wilson on the other hand, had a good day.  Wilson might have the strongest arm of all our QB's.