2024 Pickems Contest

Started by ModAdmin, May 08, 2024, 04:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

We will again be running the Pickems Contest in the 2024 season.

Pickems will run from the first regular season game on June 6th (Montreal and Winnipeg) up to and including the Grey Cup on November 17th (Teams TBD).

As in previous years the winner of the Pickems Contest will receive an autographed Blue Bomber jersey.  The name of the player on the jersey will be determined once the regular season roster is finalized.

Rules for the contest can be reviewed here!

And, for the record, Barbk will oversee the Pickems Contest again this year.  Barb does a superb job on organizing the picks and the results each week and we are thankful to have her on board to handle it.

Best of luck to everyone who participates!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ichabod_crane

When will the first pick-em list be published for the regular season week 1 games?

ALREADY KNOW the Bombers will go 18-0!! :D

ModAdmin

Quote from: ichabod_crane on May 17, 2024, 06:57:37 AMWhen will the first pick-em list be published for the regular season week 1 games?

ALREADY KNOW the Bombers will go 18-0!! :D

A lofty goal but not totally impossible!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ichabod_crane

First regular season game is in one week? Where is the first week's pickems?! :)

ModAdmin

Quote from: ichabod_crane on May 31, 2024, 12:50:49 AMFirst regular season game is in one week? Where is the first week's pickems?! :)

Right here below.  It was posted on May 28th...

https://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=55657.0

ichabod_crane

I know I will be out of the country for at least a month starting in mid-September. Can I submit like a month's worth of picks just before I fly out in case I am too busy to submit my picks each week? Let me know what is possible. Thanks.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 01, 2024, 05:28:10 AMI know I will be out of the country for at least a month starting in mid-September. Can I submit like a month's worth of picks just before I fly out in case I am too busy to submit my picks each week? Let me know what is possible. Thanks.

As long it's public, like posted to the pickem thread for the week you leave, I bet barbk can handle it.

How do you handle a month without football??  Yikes!
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 02, 2024, 12:50:10 AMAs long it's public, like posted to the pickem thread for the week you leave, I bet barbk can handle it.

How do you handle a month without football??  Yikes!

Umm, the internet is available in Europe too bud! ;) CFL+ available so not missing anything really.  Sometimes crazy time zone differences, but I can handle that as only the Bombers games I am most interested in or sometimes Stamps as I live in Cowtown. Will substitute live game action with a Barcelona FC or Real Madrid soccer game hopefully!! :) Bullfights in Madrid for REAL hard hitting action! ;) :D YEE HAW!! :)

Have been notified in private mail on this site how to submit a month+ of picks early. Still if I am able to I MAY update my picks each week after seeing injury reports or other news while I am out of country. Depends on how busy and occupied I will be. Again the INTERNET is available all over Europe!! ;) :D

compahallo

What game is this?   ???  ???  ???

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

This year's autographed jersey Pickems prize will be...

#83 Dalton Schoen.

Don't miss out!

TBURGESS

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 11, 2024, 01:38:26 AMThis year's autographed jersey Pickems prize will be...

#83 Dalton Schoen.

Don't miss out!
After the last 2 weeks of picks... I've already missed out.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.