You are invited to attend the 2024 CFL Combine presented by New Era!

Started by DCM, March 15, 2024, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCM

QuoteYou are invited to attend the 2024 CFL Combine presented by New Era!

The CFL's top draft prospects are heading to Winnipeg for this year's CFL Combine presented by New Era. The event will take place from March 21 – 24 at Winnipeg Soccer Federation North.

The 2024 CFL Combine will follow a similar format that was introduced in 2023. Day One, March 20, will see players take part in medical testing and measurements, while Day Two, March 21, will include traditional on- and off-field testing, including the 40-yard dash, the 3-cone drill and more. Days Three to Five, March 22-24, will be designated for practice sessions involving individual drills and one-on-ones with CFL coaches leading positional groups and installing offences and defences.

Register for tickets for free to secure your spot to see future CFL stars in person!
https://www.cfl.ca/register-to-attend-the-2024-cfl-combine-presented-by-new-era/
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

ModAdmin

GET A FRONT ROW SEAT TO ALL THE ACTION!

CFL+ will be broadcasting the Bench Press and the 40-Yard Dash on Thursday March 21, as well as Sunday, March 24's Practice and Individual Drill Session live from Winnipeg, as the prospects showcase their talents ahead of the 2024 CFL Draft.

Bench Press
March 21 @ 2:00 pm CT/3:00 pm ET
WATCH ON CFL+

40-Yard Dash
March 21 @ 7:00 pm CT/8:00 pm ET
WATCH ON CFL+

Individual Player Drills, Practice
March 24 @ 10:00 am CT/11:00 am ET
WATCH ON CFL+
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Pigskin

My brother has attended a number of these combines said that he wouldn't attend the bench press or 40 yard dash again. The drills and practice is what separates the boys from the men. I plan to attend on March 23rd and 24th.

He told me to watch for Owen Mueller (OL) 6'5" 305 and Jaiden Classen (LB) 5"10" 230. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Waffler

Location: Winnipeg Soccer Federation North, 770 Leila Ave, Winnipeg
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Pigskin on March 16, 2024, 05:13:35 PMMy brother has attended a number of these combines said that he wouldn't attend the bench press or 40 yard dash again. The drills and practice is what separates the boys from the men. I plan to attend on March 23rd and 24th.

He told me to watch for Owen Mueller (OL) 6'5" 305 and Jaiden Classen (LB) 5"10" 230. 

Why?  The 40 and the bench seem to be the two most popular, even if the results don't mean much.

TecnoGenius

This looks really cool and it's (at least the date I looked at) in the evening, which works well for me.

How many fans usually attend?  And do people wear their jerseys, etc?

It's great that the organizers make this open to the public.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on March 16, 2024, 06:52:28 PMWhy?  The 40 and the bench seem to be the two most popular, even if the results don't mean much.

Yeah, but... Do you really want to sit around and watch it?

It's a notch above watching paint dry.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Most if not all of these players have ran there 40 and participated in bench press on March 8th. I also noticed that a few OLs opted out of the 40 on March 8th.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

Interesting article on what goes into interviewing players at the Combine...

....That basic theme – whether a prospect is a good dude or not – is critical to how the Blue Bombers conduct these interviews and key to their end goal in the process. Draft choices are based primarily on football skill, absolutely. But it's so much about fit with an organization that has found such a perfect locker room mix while advancing to four consecutive Grey Cup games, with wins in 2019 and 2021.

The club's brass allowed yours truly a chance to sit in on one of the interviews this week to get a feel for the experience from the team and the player's perspective.

This, then, is a sneak peek behind the curtain of one of the more fascinating aspects of this whole event, a part of the evaluation process that also includes testing and on-field components over a five-day span. Welcome, Blue Bombers fans, to the CFL Combine interview....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/03/22/sitting-in-on-a-cfl-combine-interview/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Jesse

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 23, 2024, 02:36:05 AMInteresting article on what goes into interviewing players at the Combine...

....That basic theme – whether a prospect is a good dude or not – is critical to how the Blue Bombers conduct these interviews and key to their end goal in the process. Draft choices are based primarily on football skill, absolutely. But it's so much about fit with an organization that has found such a perfect locker room mix while advancing to four consecutive Grey Cup games, with wins in 2019 and 2021.

The club's brass allowed yours truly a chance to sit in on one of the interviews this week to get a feel for the experience from the team and the player's perspective.

This, then, is a sneak peek behind the curtain of one of the more fascinating aspects of this whole event, a part of the evaluation process that also includes testing and on-field components over a five-day span. Welcome, Blue Bombers fans, to the CFL Combine interview....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/03/22/sitting-in-on-a-cfl-combine-interview/

That was certainly an inside look!
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on March 18, 2024, 11:01:47 AMYeah, but... Do you really want to sit around and watch it?

It's a notch above watching paint dry.

Watched the CFL.ca podcasts of the 40 yard dash yesterday and it was decently entertaining with Barker and Marshall Ferguson's commentary, Barker is a nonstop motor mouth so he helps fill the gaps.  Looking forward to the Sunday morning practice event which will feature Ferguson and Willie Jefferson doing the commentary.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/03/05/cfl-combine-presented-by-new-era-live-sunday-practice/

ModAdmin