Argo QB, Chad Kelly sited in harassment/wrongful dismissal charges

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, February 22, 2024, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Looks like the Argos don't expect to have Chad around... they just signed Arbuckle...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 23, 2024, 07:21:00 PMLooks like the Argos don't expect to have Chad around... they just signed Arbuckle...

For at least nine games. LOL
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 23, 2024, 07:23:07 PMFor at least nine games. LOL

He could appeal... this suggests he will not.

This is going to gift Pinball $300k in cap space, less 50% of any advances...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on May 23, 2024, 07:21:00 PMLooks like the Argos don't expect to have Chad around... they just signed Arbuckle...

It looks like the Argos finally convinced Kelly to shut up and stay off social media, or he'd be going all out defending himself. Good on 'em.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 24, 2024, 04:47:41 PMIt looks like the Argos finally convinced Kelly to shut up and stay off social media, or he'd be going all out defending himself. Good on 'em.

Yeah, I bet they gave him the option of shut up or be cut.  Until the counselling has been completed and the suspension is over, I can imagine he's on the "No Sign List" for other teams should he get cut by the Argos.

ichabod_crane

So what do the Argos and the league do now with Kelly? Still keep him suspended and make him take counselling or lower the suspension length? Dude still needs some anger management or understanding of workplace harassment issues. The issue has been settled with the accuser now so he can probably appeal much like Lemon in Montreal. Depends on how clear cut the CFL HR policy is around his alleged harassment.

GOLDMEMBER

Kelly sees the field anytime soon it will be a PR disaster. You thought you saw empty seats at there soccer stadium you just wait...
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 06, 2024, 05:22:01 AMSo what do the Argos and the league do now with Kelly? Still keep him suspended and make him take counselling or lower the suspension length?

The settlement has no bearing on the suspension.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 06, 2024, 01:21:13 PMThe settlement has will have no bearing on the suspension.

The suspension was for actions, and has set conditions for it ending at 9 games.  It was not appealed.  If he does not successfully complete his training and convince a professional in that field that he is ready to move forward, then the suspension continues until he does so, at which time the league can decide what to do.  There is no reason that if he takes too long, or is not convincing enough, or says/tweets/posts anything that suggests he thinks he did nothing wrong, that the league cannot extend his suspension.

This is not a black and white matter.  I didn't see anywhere that settling the case through arbitration included any statement / apology / admission of guilt/wrongdoing.  Settling can be used to avoid these admissions, and can include NDA's.

Kelly will remain suspended for the fist half the season, and maybe longer pending his actions and the league accepting his remorse/repentance/commitment to change.   

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず