Argo QB, Chad Kelly sited in harassment/wrongful dismissal charges

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, February 22, 2024, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

I've never been a fan of Kelly and his demeanour/persona....these are rather serious charges and allegations and doesn't speak well of the Argos handling of this incident....there's always more to the story that we don't always get however it shines a bad light on the Argos star QB and the Argo management.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/rick-westhead-argos-qb-kelly-accused-of-harassment-in-wrongful-dismissal-lawsuit-1.2079719
Bomber fan for life

dd

Bad light is right!! Kelly has always struck me as one strange duck, but this is over the top serious. If convicted, wonder what the league is going to do in terms of actions/suspensions. This violates any and all code of conduct policies around.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

Don't think he would be a fit in the MOS locker room....I always felt there was something off about him....this looks bad for not only the Argo organization but the entire league.   Trying to sweep this kind of incident under the rug is just unacceptable....
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 23, 2024, 12:06:10 AMWikipedia has a couple of notations...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26315480/ex-broncos-qb-kelly-pleads-guilty-trespassing

Not sure if this was related:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-suspends-colts-chad-kelly-two-games

and now this...

Not reflecting good on the league that this is the highest paid player.

There's quite a few more than that. Jeff Hamilton retweeted the article he wrote when Kelly entered the league that runs them down.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on February 23, 2024, 01:58:02 AMThere's quite a few more than that. Jeff Hamilton retweeted the article he wrote when Kelly entered the league that runs them down.

Yah - I guess I had missed that when he originally wrote it, wow this guy has some significant issues.  You have to wonder how much Pinball was involved in this...the dude has been incredible for the CFL and this will tarnish his shining star for sure.

John Murphy always seemed a bit shady to me but clearly I have never interacted with him so it just from seeing and reading stuff in the media.

blue_gold_84

Read the article late last night on TSN and those are some pretty heinous allegations. Not a good look for the reigning MOP or the Argonauts organization.

John Murphy has always been a classless bozo.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Lincoln Locomotive

There's no doubt Kelly can play QB at a high level, however his character off the field and in the locker room has a lot to be described.    I'm sure the Argos want this to go away however there needs to be a full investigation to fully reveal the nature of these alleged charges against Kelly.
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

theaardvark

Didn't they get his rights by trading away Johnny Manzeil's rights?  Or is this just my irony generator at word?

How can they make it to the start of the season with him as their franchise player?

Slim pickings behind him...

11    Dukes, Cameron    QB    A    6'1    205    25    Lindsey Wilson College
12    Kelly, Chad    QB    A    6'2    216    29    Mississippi
5    Scott, Bryan    QB    A    6'2    220    28    Occidental College

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bomb squad

This is pretty serious. Clemons gonna be put in a tight spot with this one. Image, due process, superstar,  etc. Looking at everything, at this time, my prediction is Kelly doesn't take a snap in the CFL this year.

theaardvark

Quote from: bomb squad on February 23, 2024, 04:56:07 PMThis is pretty serious. Clemons gonna be put in a tight spot with this one. Image, due process, superstar,  etc. Looking at everything, at this time, my prediction is Kelly doesn't take a snap in the CFL this year.

You could be correct.  With so much $SMS already spent on Kelly (not sure how much is signing/roster bonus), he had to sacrifice a lot of the team.  He may recover some of the $SMS if Kelly is suspended, but who is there to spend it on?  Hand the ball to Dukes and cross your fingers? 

Not a good thing when the franchise that needs the most help attracting fans has this happen. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bomb squad on February 23, 2024, 04:56:07 PMThis is pretty serious. Clemons gonna be put in a tight spot with this one. Image, due process, superstar,  etc. Looking at everything, at this time, my prediction is Kelly doesn't take a snap in the CFL this year.

Very poorly handled, they're in a pickle now.  Offer Dane Evans $300k to come out of retirement.

blue_or_die

John Murphy looks just as bad if not worse than CK here imo
#Ride?