2024 Free Agency Signings/Transactions (Blue Bombers)

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2024, 04:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on February 14, 2024, 03:13:01 PMPerhaps Walters/O'Shea are too enamored with our own players that we fail to take chances to improve the team .That we didn't try to sign a fullback, didn't move on from Thomas, and the amount we spent to keep our own free agents are indicators

We have a FB, DJ48 and MOS loves him. He can also play DE.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

kkc60

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2024, 05:57:49 PMWe have a FB, DJ48 and MOS loves him. He can also play DE.
Unless he can actually play DE, using a DI spot on him isn't great roster management. Fullback is a traditionally canadian position and considering f his limitations as a rusher, receiver and pass rusher, using a DI spot on him isn't the best

winbear

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on February 14, 2024, 04:48:34 PMBailey will be probably the toughest to lose, as he is a big glue-guy/dirty-work type of guy for our offence.
However... it's our 4/5th look on offence so on paper it won't look like much.

Rose has been up and down, but with Ford back, I think we should be okay there.
I remember a few years ago being worried about our secondary starting 2 rookies. Those rookies were Alford and Nichols LOL. They always find the diamond in the rough when it comes to the DB's.

In my opinion Eli or Dobson in for Gray will be a net positive, but let's see!

I would have preferred they re-sign Gray and let Kola go.

LXTSN

I don't think FB is our biggest concern. If he can block and play ST then we should be fine.
Our ratio should look really good with Ford coming back home! There is a really good chance we start 9 Canadians.

I think our biggest gaps are
1. RT (Hardrick)
2. DE (Jeffcoat)
3. DB (Holm if he leaves)
4. DT (Walker)
5. WR (Bailey)

LXTSN

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2024, 06:16:52 PMI would have preferred they re-sign Gray and let Kola go.
He would be a really nice 6th OL for run plays because of his mobility, but I don't think he'd want to move away from starting.
Gray has the physical tools to be great, but just not the skills. He improved over the year, but he seems to miss blocks at a higher rate than the other guys by a good chunk.
Kola is our next weakest point in that OL group and I could see Eli and Dobson as our starting guards next year, but we need to build up depth.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 14, 2024, 05:55:11 PMwhere did you read that?
https://x.com/TSNDaveNaylor/status/1757612017165197321?s=20

Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor
On Sergio Castillo and the @Wpg_BlueBombers... one of those where there's a mutual interest to get something done ... just haven't agreed on the $. #CFL #bombers
7:45 PM · Feb 13, 2024
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 14, 2024, 05:55:11 PMwhere did you read that?

Uhm...Jeff Hamilton I think? He's mentioned it a couple of times throughout the process.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Not Sure about the basis for all this criticism aimed at Kolankowski
#Ride?

Pigskin

Yes, Kolankowski has been pretty solid for the Bombers.

Pigskin

So it sounds like, Walters is working on deals for Castillo, and Grant, doesn't sound like much is going on with Gray and Walker. No $$ left.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 14, 2024, 07:01:24 PMNot Sure about the basis for all this criticism aimed at Kolankowski

Much less to justify Gray over him. That's crazy talk.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bwiser

The list of Bombers not returning is getting long. So far we have lost because of free agency or retirement
Miller
Briggs
Hanson
Exume
Jeffcoat
O Leary Orange
Clemens
Houston
Hardrick

There is still some other key free agents that are still unsigned like Grant, Castilio, Walker and Bailey. Its been a tough off season for the Bombers. Hopefully we can find some good replacements.