2024 Free Agency Signings/Transactions (Blue Bombers)

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2024, 04:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Thread for announcing/discussing Blue Bomber 2024 Free Agency news and views beginning on Feb. 13, 2024 at noon ET.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Ridermania

Veteran Canadian linebacker Jesse Briggs has retired, according to the Bombers' Ed Tait.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

kkc60

Don't think anything's happening today for us. That's okay

theaardvark

With the tampering period, there's no free agent frenzy anymore.  Is that a good or bad thing?  For us, bad, I think.  Our front office seemed to dine out on FA day, making splashes and value signings. 

I think, with the $SMS and the success of our scouting/coaching, FA season is always going to be a heartbreak for us. 

I still want to see a "continuity clause" added into the CBA, where there is a small non-$SMS pool of funds each team is allowed to spend to retain players.  For players coming off ELC's or having 3 years service with a team, the team should be able to sweeten their deals with a little extra non-$SMS money.

And guys finishing ELC's should have an RFA type ability to match, which is easy now with the tampering period.  Tampering period contracts should be like NHL "offer sheets", where the team can choose to match, or if they choose not to, depending on the contract size and National/American/Global status, a draft pick comes back.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Well, on the bad news front Bombers lost Thiadric Hansen, on the good news front they haven't lost anyone else....yet.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2024, 12:24:50 AMWell, on the bad news front Bombers lost Thiadric Hansen, on the good news front they haven't lost anyone else....yet.
That's rough

Pigskin

With Walker not signing in Calgary, I hope he is signing here.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2024, 03:08:56 AMWith Walker not signing in Calgary, I hope he is signing here.

The report suggested he's not signing with any CFL team right now. Made it seem like something off the field happened that is keeping him from playing football.

Regardless, I don't think he's in our budget. We've all seen us let our DTs walk multiple times.
My wife is amazing!