Hardrick to the Riders

Started by The Zipp, February 05, 2024, 06:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Sources: CFL all-star OL Jermarcus Hardrick agrees to terms with Saskatchewan Roughriders....that is a loss for sure.

https://3downnation.com/2024/02/05/sources-american-ol-jermarcus-hardrick-agrees-to-terms-with-saskatchewan-roughriders/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tehedra

That sucks; to the riders of all teams!  Good luck to Hardrick he was always a productive member of our O-Line.

GOLDMEMBER

This is a loss. Especially from a rah rah team guy perspective. Too bad he will be on a. Ralph team now. He is getting quite up there in age though.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Wow, the Riders must have made him a very lucrative offer.  Walters and his crew know what each player we have is capable of, and what his value is.  I do not doubt Hardrick's heart and what he brings in the locker-room, and the fact that he is coming off an all star year, but every player has a max value. 

He goes back to SSK, who released him in 2016...

Wonder if SSK will move him to LT, for the price they will be paying him, that might be necessary.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

kkc60

it'll be interesting to see whether we made the right choice in keeping Bryant over him. With that being said, I am sure Hardrick commanded more than Bryant

Jesse

Riders made him the highest paid OL in the league. Good for him.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on February 05, 2024, 07:53:49 PMRiders made him the highest paid OL in the league. Good for him.

Farhan reporting

Hardrick's 2 year deal will pay him 230.5k in each season. 120k signing bonus.

I think for that amount, they could have signed Brady.

drahgon

Sad to see him go, but good for him on getting paid! Wish him the best except on labour day and banjo bowl gamedays!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 05, 2024, 08:00:28 PMFarhan reporting

Hardrick's 2 year deal will pay him 230.5k in each season. 120k signing bonus.

I think for that amount, they could have signed Brady.
LOL yikes. Big bucks for. Declining underperforming OT. Frankly I was surprised he won OL of the year last year! He is a emotional catalyst but his play was declining for a while now to me.

GOLDMEMBER

theaardvark

Ho lee crap

I love me some Jemarcus, but the highest paid OL in the league?  That's some serious $SMS panic in SSK.  I guess they want to keep Harris upright, and think Hardrick can move over to LT effectively.

Every $SMS used out there paying our studs is one less $SMS those teams have to take advantage of the deals that will come after the top guys are off the board...

I think we will be fine, plus there seems to be some serious beef coming into camp to compete.  Intriqued by Vanterpool... from his draft diamonds report:

Vanterpool was the only offensive lineman in the Mountain West to not give up a sack in at least 500 snaps, and one of two offensive linemen nationally without a penalty in at least 900 snaps.

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/03/micah-vanterpool-2/

Looks like he had a sniff from the Pats and some USFL interest...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Well that's unfortunate but it's an SMS issue to pay him that much. I guess that will mean that Richmond is the leading candidate to take over the RT spot. Expect lots of competition in TC though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 05, 2024, 08:08:51 PMHo lee crap

I love me some Jemarcus, but the highest paid OL in the league?  That's some serious $SMS panic in SSK.  I guess they want to keep Harris upright, and think Hardrick can move over to LT effectively.

Every $SMS used out there paying our studs is one less $SMS those teams have to take advantage of the deals that will come after the top guys are off the board...

I think we will be fine, plus there seems to be some serious beef coming into camp to compete.  Intriqued by Vanterpool... from his draft diamonds report:

Vanterpool was the only offensive lineman in the Mountain West to not give up a sack in at least 500 snaps, and one of two offensive linemen nationally without a penalty in at least 900 snaps.

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/03/micah-vanterpool-2/

Looks like he had a sniff from the Pats and some USFL interest...

Trust the Riders to take a good player and stick him in an unfamiliar position, but they've tried it before with Travis Bond a LG moved to LT and Derrick Dennis moved inside, neither time worked.

Lincoln Locomotive

At 230 K Jamarcus made the best move financially at the end of his career.   I doubt if he goes more than 2 years and good luck to him!   I think it would have been too steep a price for us to bear and we still haven't signed many of our top FA's....the business side of football isn't for the faint of heart.
Bomber fan for life

Horseman

I guess Jamarcus will hold his nose and sign that Riders contract.