Blue Bombers add to roster - January 23, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, January 23, 2024, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

How many injuries happen to players in bathroom, in the shower, in the locker room or even in warmup?  How many injuries are non-contact. 

Playing a full contact game, with pads, against trained opponents, with penalties in place for dangerous play that include ejection from the game, and potentially the league is pretty safe, all things considered.  There are many much more dangerous jobs that do hot have any glory or potential huge paydays.

Sure, making the game safer is good.  But making it boring so that no one watches kills jobs.

Not suggesting the go full Nascar where many viewers tune in to see massive car crashes, but eliminating the exciting plays that people tune in for reduces viewers, which reduces revenue, which kills jobs.  Likewise at the gate, if we turn it into touch football, teams will die.

A balance of exciting and safe is key.  And every year, advancements get made in safety equipment, so leave the rules alone and the game gets safer by itself.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on January 25, 2024, 11:58:32 AMI am on the fence about kickoffs only because of what we all saw in last year's western semi.

A reminder of what can happen.

https://youtu.be/IdcPEii8LkI?t=8041

Took me awhile to find this but the result of that collison was Logan reportedly suffered a fractured vertebrae, while Hinsperger has dealt with nerve damage.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 26, 2024, 07:04:10 PMTook me awhile to find this but the result of that collison was Logan reportedly suffered a fractured vertebrae, while Hinsperger has dealt with nerve damage.

Well, that's not good in any way shape or form if that's the real deal.  I hope both are able to recover and continue their careers, if that's what they want to do.  I guess we'll see come week 1 2024.

Things like the Hefny injury are definitely something I don't want to happen to anyone.  Luckily career-enders like that are rare in the CFL.
Never go full Rider!