IG Field - New Sponsor and Name

Started by Ridermania, January 22, 2024, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridermania

Investors Group Field is no more!

"Princess Auto Stadium" is the new name and corporate sponsor.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2024/01/22/bombers-home-getting-new-name

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

The Zipp

I love the actual store and from I have heard it is a very well run and respected business...Don't love the "Princess" part but I am an oldish man so maybe I just need to give it some time...

Jesse

I hate naming rights so much.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on January 22, 2024, 07:01:22 PMI love the actual store and from I have heard it is a very well run and respected business...Don't love the "Princess" part but I am an oldish man so maybe I just need to give it some time...

Princess Auto's original business location was on Princess St., which was named after Princess Louise Duchess of Argyll, daughter of Queen Victoria and wife to the Marquis of Lorne; see also Argyle Street, Lorne Avenue and Louise Street.

Now you know.

ModAdmin

Princess Auto is a Canadian retail chain specializing in farm, industrial, garage, hydraulics and surplus items. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Princess Auto owns and operates 54 stores in ten provinces plus a national call centre and an online store.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

They are a success story that kept their corporate offices in Winnipeg which makes them an ideal fit as far as I'm concerned. I bet it's not cheap.

drahgon

Quote from: The Zipp on January 22, 2024, 07:01:22 PMI love the actual store and from I have heard it is a very well run and respected business...Don't love the "Princess" part but I am an oldish man so maybe I just need to give it some time...

This.

Quote from: Jesse on January 22, 2024, 07:07:55 PMI hate naming rights so much.

But also this.

Waiting for the "Power Fist" play of the game... For anyone not familiar to Princess Auto, they have their own line of tools branded "Power Fist", similar to Canadian Tire's Mastercraft brand.

blue_gold_84

"Your Blue Bombers have entered the Power Fist Red Zone, brought to you by Princess Auto."

Blegh.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

buckzumhoff

I like the new name. Better than ig field .

Blueforlife

A good partner for the working class older male who frequents the stores and attends many games.  I'm sure it also works for other demographics.  I like the move and this makes a lot of sense.  The Bombers need these type of respected business partners.  Good move.  Looking forward to the promos, already seen them around last year.

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

The Zipp

Hope dark days aren't ahead...I liked IG Field and we had success there.  Names mean nothing but sometimes it seems it does.

How about PA Power Fist Stadium

I guess it's better than Dollar Tree Stadium...dollarama place...Salisbury house stadium...hallway medicine stadium

I suppose we will see a bunch of Empty Cup booths at the stadium.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on January 22, 2024, 11:44:16 PMThe PAS field?

Haha, yup.  Well, nope, it'll just be PAS. Just like it was previously IGF (even though they tried to tell us not to say that in its final year).

So now it'll be "the game @PAS".  "Meet you all @PAS".

Meh, I guess it'll grow on us?  IGF was always a bit of a mouthful, but the rare letters and rarer-combo made it unique and easy to know what one was talking about.

PAS has some problems like:
1. "paw": Will it become like The Pas.  "Meet you at the PAS".
2. "pass": Or "I'll take a hard PAS".  "Why can't Zach complete a PAS today?"

Actually, I kind of like The Pas (Paw) as it, too, is undeniably Manitoban.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: drahgon on January 22, 2024, 07:37:32 PMThis.

But also this.

Waiting for the "Power Fist" play of the game... For anyone not familiar to Princess Auto, they have their own line of tools branded "Power Fist", similar to Canadian Tire's Mastercraft brand.

This is awesome!  You make it sound hokey, but it actually will be kind of cool & funny, in a Winnipeg sort of way.

The Power Fist Hit of the Game!  What else can they come up with...

I really like this move, as the demographic for WFC fan didn't venn-diagram very well with IG customers.  But I bet a huge whack ton of WFC fans have been to Princess Auto in the last 5 years.

I just told my non-football fan buddies who I'm always trying to evangelize, most of whom like Princess Auto, and they love the idea!!  I'm going to use it as leverage to get them to buy a ticket or 2 this season.  ;D  Maybe on Princess Auto gift card night(s)!  ;D

And we should all be happy a Manitoba born & based company took over the name.  I can think of far worse scenarios.  Good job to all involved!
Never go full Rider!