Blue Bombers add quarterback to roster - January 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, January 18, 2024, 09:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Wow! Good size, strong, accurate arm, blistering speed, what's not to like? Good job, Kyle!
Go Bombers!

GCn19

Quote from: Jesse on February 01, 2024, 11:40:18 PMThe coach who developed those guys moved on years ago, though.

EDIT: looking into it, their long time OC/OL coach took over the job, so major continuity.

Yea, they are churning out CFL QBs for whatever reason. Pretty much all their starters go on to having successful CFL careers. Very consistent.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GCn19

Quote from: J5V on February 02, 2024, 01:14:36 PMWow! Good size, strong, accurate arm, blistering speed, what's not to like? Good job, Kyle!

He has all the tools for sure. Hopefully, he catches on quick to the CFL game because the guys is a heck of a passer and is extremely mobile.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on February 02, 2024, 01:14:36 PMWow! Good size, strong, accurate arm, blistering speed, what's not to like? Good job, Kyle!
Yes, I see the same thing. No laser rocket arm but shows quite well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GCn19

Quote from: LXTSN on February 02, 2024, 12:33:29 PM
He seems to have a great feel for the pocket.
Quick enough to scramble for first downs.
Really nice touch on the short/medium routes.

Doesn't have the greatest arm strength, but I wouldn't say it's terrible.

Can't wait for preseason and training camp to see some of these guys in action!

He isn't Dieter Brock but his deep ball accuracy is off the charts.

LXTSN

Quote from: GCn19 on February 02, 2024, 01:38:29 PMHe isn't Dieter Brock but his deep ball accuracy is off the charts.
Agreed! I'm more impressed with the timing that he gets rid of these balls!
In more than one of these highlights he hits a deep shot in stride while scrambling!

GCn19

Quote from: LXTSN on February 02, 2024, 02:31:26 PMAgreed! I'm more impressed with the timing that he gets rid of these balls!
In more than one of these highlights he hits a deep shot in stride while scrambling!

One of his NFL scouting reports lists his accuracy as excellent in short medium and long ranges. Arm strength is average apparently. That is by NFL standards of course.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GCn19 on February 02, 2024, 01:35:14 PMYea, they are churning out CFL QBs for whatever reason. Pretty much all their starters go on to having successful CFL careers. Very consistent.

He reminds me of Vernon Adams, good arm, good mobility and similar throwing motion, hopefully he develops quicker than Vern did, the Bombers can't wait 6 years.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on February 01, 2024, 01:45:17 PMI have not heard of a single QB or coach who says the reason the QB had problems was because of the waggle...enlighten  me on that...I do agree that until we see a player - especially a QB play in a pre-season game or two it is impossible to predict or judge based on college experience.

To be fair to Aards, TSN does say this all the time.  In fact, it's Milt (I think) who always lists the waggle first with regards to stumbling blocks for the new-from-the-usa QBs.  Of course, maybe it's equal to the other problems (previously mentioned by others), but it's just so fun to say and easy to remember that everyone leads with it.  Waggle.  Waggle.  Waggle.
Never go full Rider!

kkc60

Nice part of having Streveler as our #2 & short-yardage guy is our #3 guy can be purely developmental.