Forum Update

Started by ModAdmin, January 16, 2024, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

FYI....On Thursday, January 18, 2024 the forum will be down for 2 or 3 hours, sometime during the course of that day, while we investigate the possibility of upgrading the forum to a more current version.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Count me among those looking forward to the updates/upgrades.

Thanks for the info. :)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne


Jesse

I am intrigued and terrified.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Should be fun figuring out new buttons, I'll try not to push too many ;)

GOLDMEMBER

Also, count me in to see upgrades to this form, especially having options to like other peoples messages and easily post images among other needs. It would make the forum a lot more enjoyable!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Honestly, even if everything was the exact same but I could post from my phone without the end result looking wonky, I'd be very happy.

On the other hand, this format makes me nostalgic for the early 2000s internet I grew up on, lol.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 17, 2024, 06:16:20 PM
Honestly, even if everything was the exact same but I could post from my phone without the end result looking wonky, I'd be very happy.

On the other hand, this format makes me nostalgic for the early 2000s internet I grew up on, lol.

A mobile version and the ability to like or react to posts would be cool. But I also love the look and feel of the site (though hate the crashes that have happened over the past couple of years).
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

The main thing will be UTF8 support... that will make many cut & paste & Apple posters happy, and allow the rest of us not to see ? everywhere.  And better mobile support would be gravy.

Other than that, I'll miss the ol' forum if it changes drastically.  I think the SSK one is uuggglly.
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Hopefully it improves the bomber forum crashing

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on January 17, 2024, 07:15:02 PM
A mobile version and the ability to like or react to posts would be cool. But I also love the look and feel of the site (though hate the crashes that have happened over the past couple of years).

+1

Some more modern features would be nice and would add to the user experience.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Registering first complaint, no "next topic" button at the bottom of the page!

ModAdmin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 18, 2024, 10:02:58 PMRegistering first complaint, no "next topic" button at the bottom of the page!

One extra step...

Click on "Go Up" near the bottom left of each page.
Click on "Next Topic" near the top right of each page.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 18, 2024, 10:20:05 PMOne extra step...

Click on "Go Up" near the bottom left of each page.
Click on "Next Topic" near the top right of each page.

I guess that works, thanks!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!