Our Free Agent's Signings Are in Limbo Until Brady & Dalton Make Their Moves

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, January 11, 2024, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on January 30, 2024, 09:46:21 PMIf Oullettes unavailable Any interest in Stanback? He had a decent yds per carry last year (5.4) Hes still only 29.
No!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

As someone else suggested, maybe Antwi is the answer?  He wouldn't be expensive, and he can share reps with already-dressed Johnny.

6'0 220lbs, he's very similar to Brady.  How much of Brady's success is Brady and how much is the OL, Buck, the scheme, the blockers, etc... Sign Antwi and let's find out!

If he sucks then cut him and throw in the towel and just switch to being an IMP RB team.

Salima looked good in 2023 PS games.  And who was the other promising guy the season before?  What's he doing?
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on January 31, 2024, 06:55:17 AMI am pretty sure Antwi was extended a week ago.

Poo!  Maybe MTL made the move to block us from having a viable NAT alternative??  They don't use him too much.  He always dresses but he's basically their Johnny.  Doesn't see many snaps except as a speller.

Wow, MTL has been getting a lot more accomplished in FA than we have.  It feels weird to be behind the 8 ball in re-signings.  We're usually so good.

Is it just me, or is this Waiting For Brady starting to be a bit of a bummer?
Never go full Rider!

bluengold204

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 31, 2024, 08:04:18 AMPoo!  Maybe MTL made the move to block us from having a viable NAT alternative??  They don't use him too much.  He always dresses but he's basically their Johnny.  Doesn't see many snaps except as a speller.

Wow, MTL has been getting a lot more accomplished in FA than we have.  It feels weird to be behind the 8 ball in re-signings.  We're usually so good.

Yeah the last couple years we have been pretty good at re-signing our players.  But I guess it's eventually caught up to us, not enough money to throw around and give everyone the raises they want.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 31, 2024, 08:04:18 AMPoo!  Maybe MTL made the move to block us from having a viable NAT alternative??  They don't use him too much.  He always dresses but he's basically their Johnny.  Doesn't see many snaps except as a speller.

I've read many people denigrate Danny Maciocia, but somebody in that room has a great nose for talent and it's paying dividends.  So great to have a couple of good teams in the East playing competitive ball, just what the CFL needs.

Blue In BC

I can't get into the new merged Streveler string. On Good Morning Big Blue it's reporting that his deal is $120K plus playing incentives. That would be a very friendly team deal and not much more than additional cost to the SMS.

Prukop wouldn't have been on an ELC and Brown might have been above an ELC as well?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 31, 2024, 04:11:39 PMI can't get into the new merged Streveler string. On Good Morning Big Blue it's reporting that his deal is $120K plus playing incentives. That would be a very friendly team deal and not much more than additional cost to the SMS.

Prukop wouldn't have been on an ELC and Brown might have been above an ELC as well?

At $120k plus incentives its a steal.  I think he should be our new #1 RB as well... do we need to re-sign BO20 now?

You can have 2 QB's on the field now, can you imagine a DC game planning against Steveler lined up behind Collaros?

Streveler played Rec in college, and we know he can run, this opens up the playbook for Buck. 

We will have a very experienced QB room to groom our next starter, for sure.

A one year deal at that rate screams a "Betting on Myself" situation, hoping to showcase his talents for consideration for a starters role next year.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Love the 120 base and hopefully it's heavy on incentives in case he needs to play a lot and he can make some bank. Totally de-risks us.

So happy to have a 1-2 punch at the most important position in Canadian football.

Regardless of how the rest of our FAs shake out, I'm now excited beyond belief for the season!
#Ride?

3rdand1.5

Can't figure out the Strev. posts....says moved...but to where?

So like the poster above I will put it here...$120 plus incentives is a great deal!!

wpg#1

What happened to the Streveler string ? ... I finally post something, and it's GONE  :D
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Still waiting to hear about some of our other players being re-signed. Something has to give. One way or another it looks like we'll see a few of our players moving on.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2024, 04:01:57 PMI've read many people denigrate Danny Maciocia, but somebody in that room has a great nose for talent and it's paying dividends.  So great to have a couple of good teams in the East playing competitive ball, just what the CFL needs.

Literally the only thing I knew about Maciocia was his faux pas of celebrating on the field 1 play early in a GC.  And, he doesn't look like your typical CFL GM or HC.  Maybe he's the Moneyball wonk of the CFL.

But I totally respect him now because he and whoever he hired as scouts found a whack ton of ELC IMP and NAT talent, most of whom are now guaranteed future superstars.  His roster looked like hot garbage full of nobodies in week 1.  Everyone, including me, thought they were the next EDM.

But then, bam, basically all 4 main receivers were on fire, especially in the post-season.  Their DBs were out of this world.  Great new LBers.  Amazing find in Ugulak(sp?).  All nobodies who are now somebodies and will be coveted by other teams in '25 FA.  They didn't even need Lemon, probably, to win the cup.  Sankey helped, but their existing DL was probably good enough.

It was like '19 and '21 in WPG when we were finding all these future superstars and NFL-level people.  Lately we've been scoring on only 1 a year: Schoen '22, and Holm '23.  Good, but not enough to help with SMS woes come FA as 2-year ELCs expire.

Our scouts need to up their game to compete with what MTL is doing!
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Looks like we've resigned both Nick and Noah Hallet. Good to see! Nick did a great job for us last year both on st and back up safety