Our Free Agent's Signings Are in Limbo Until Brady & Dalton Make Their Moves

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, January 11, 2024, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

betts is likely looking for Lanier money,ucj better stats,Canadian to boot. With mtrl losing Uguak youcan bet they'd go after him if he reaches free agency

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 30, 2024, 07:24:09 PMBetts is going to be looking for $200k+, Walters already has enough headaches fitting existing pieces back together.

I read he was asking for 300, lol
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Still zero news on Brady. Wow, I guess he is testing FA waters.

I said this before if Ouelette is available for a decent "discount" on Brady I would pull the trigger. That guy would fit in super well here.

My favourite non BB player in the league.

As it is now Brady is really disappointing me.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 30, 2024, 09:30:37 PMStill zero news on Brady. Wow, I guess he is testing FA waters.

I said this before if Ouelette is available for a decent "discount" on Brady I would pull the trigger. That guy would fit in super well here.

I think he was always going to take it to the tampering period. Going to see all the offers out there.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

If Oullettes unavailable Any interest in Stanback? He had a decent yds per carry last year (5.4) Hes still only 29.

Pigskin

I was expecting Mr. Walter to sign at least a player per day this week. I guess our FAs are going to wait until next week to see if other teams are willing to pay them a little more then Mr. Walters.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on January 30, 2024, 09:46:21 PMIf Oullettes unavailable Any interest in Stanback? He had a decent yds per carry last year (5.4) Hes still only 29.

He looks like he's 34, can't stay healthy, sure hope he doesn't end up in BC where he could be the solution to their poor running game.

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on January 30, 2024, 09:46:21 PMIf Oullettes unavailable Any interest in Stanback? He had a decent yds per carry last year (5.4) Hes still only 29.

Zero. He's cooked.

If we don't sign Brady, I'm pretty uninterested in any other veteran. It's just time to go import at the position and bring in a bunch of cheap competition.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on January 30, 2024, 09:48:02 PMI was expecting Mr. Walter to sign at least a player per day this week. I guess our FAs are going to wait until next week to see if other teams are willing to pay them a little more then Mr. Walters.

Many of our potential free agents aren't going to draw attention elsewhere. It may be we've decided to not re-sign some players like Briggs, Clements or Gauthier for example. We might sign them later but it's not going to be a bidding war either.

Now Oliveria, Schoen, Houston, Jeffcoat, Gray and Hardrick might listen to offers during the tampering period.

However, I am surprised we haven't signed a few of the others on our list.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

We currently have 17 WRs on the roster. Preparing for life without Schoen?
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on January 30, 2024, 09:48:02 PMI was expecting Mr. Walter to sign at least a player per day this week. I guess our FAs are going to wait until next week to see if other teams are willing to pay them a little more then Mr. Walters.
He can only sign those interested in being signed. If they want to test the FA waters that could backfire as I don't think anyone is going to back the truck up for any of them and once FA s start signing on other teams it's a domino effect. There no doubt in my mind that Walter's is testing the waters for alternatives to those not willing to re sign with us and given our offensive scheme we could easily plug in a number of players for those not willing to re sign. Not worried a bit in this Walters will prevail!!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 30, 2024, 09:30:37 PMStill zero news on Brady. Wow, I guess he is testing FA waters.

Agreed....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on January 30, 2024, 06:56:10 PMWith Jeffcoat appearing to be going to FA, what about making Betts and offer?

Meh.  We have zero need for a NAT @ DE right now.  Betts as NAT will command a big premium for ratio-desperate teams.

We need a good, youngish IMP DE.  I have no idea who fits that bill, but that's what we need.

Quote from: Pete on January 30, 2024, 07:36:44 PMbetts is likely looking for Lanier money,ucj better stats,Canadian to boot. With mtrl losing Uguak youcan bet they'd go after him if he reaches free agency

MTL lost Uguak?  NFL look?  That kid sure popped out of nowhere to make a name for himself.  MTL had way too many superb ELCs for us to overcome in the GC.  Glad to see they are having the champion-drain effect we've had to suffer for 4 seasons.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 30, 2024, 09:30:37 PMI said this before if Ouelette is available for a decent "discount" on Brady I would pull the trigger. That guy would fit in super well here.

Meh.  The sounds-like-a-NAT, looks-like-a-NAT, but-isn't-a-NAT Ouelette always reminds me of Hecht.  Too much focus on the weight room and not enough focus on the film room.  Sure they have the biggest arms and chests in the entire CFL, but does it buy them much on-field?

Ouelette looked horrible vs MTL in EDF.  And he always looks injured, like he's fighting through something, and he wants to be spelled waaaay more than we've ever spelled BO or AH.  Like every 3rd play he's asking for a break.  We don't spell our RB for more than a second most drives.  Are we going to put JA27 in for half the series' snaps?  Then they'll know it's a throwing down.  It's ridiculous, and not the MOS way.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Stanback is actually a perfect fit for how WFC plays O.  A bruising back who can smash between the tackles, but clearly still has massive top speed.  I've been a tepid Stanback fan; I always thought he was 1up on Messam, but far below AH.

I hope Stanback stays on the market until we sign Brady as this is great leverage to put the heat on Brady!  We need good-fit alternatives out there in order to not look like we're boxed in a Brady corner.
Never go full Rider!