Denver Broncos work out 7 CFL Players Including Evan Holm

Started by ModAdmin, January 08, 2024, 03:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Seven CFL Players Work Out for Denver Broncos

This week, seven CFL players worked out for the Broncos. Here is the full list of players who participated:

Samuel Emilus, Saskatchewan Roughriders (WR)
    Kian Schaffer-Baker, Saskatchewan Roughriders (WR)
    Evan Holm, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (DB)
    Mustafa Johnson, Montreal Alouettes (DL)
    Jonathan Jones, Toronto Argonauts (LB)
    Darius Williams, Calgary Stampeders (LB)
    Josh Woods, BC Lions (LB)

Evan Holm previously worked out for the Minnesota Vikings.

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/cfl-players-try-work-out-nfl-denver-broncos-offseason
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

CFL DBs still really have a hard time getting serious NFL looks but with more and more teams using slot corners regularly you'd think CFL halfbacks would have more of a shot.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 08, 2024, 03:27:01 AM
Seven CFL Players Work Out for Denver Broncos

This week, seven CFL players worked out for the Broncos. Here is the full list of players who participated:

Samuel Emilus, Saskatchewan Roughriders (WR)
    Kian Schaffer-Baker, Saskatchewan Roughriders (WR)
    Evan Holm, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (DB)
    Mustafa Johnson, Montreal Alouettes (DL)
    Jonathan Jones, Toronto Argonauts (LB)
    Darius Williams, Calgary Stampeders (LB)
    Josh Woods, BC Lions (LB)

Evan Holm previously worked out for the Minnesota Vikings.

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/cfl-players-try-work-out-nfl-denver-broncos-offseason

Does this mean the Vikes passed on Holm, or are the workouts prearranged ahead of time with the player committed to showing up for scheduled workouts?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 08, 2024, 04:42:39 PM
Does this mean the Vikes passed on Holm, or are the workouts prearranged ahead of time with the player committed to showing up for scheduled workouts?

Not every team will make an offer or will do so immediately after a trial workout. Several players will have work outs by a few NFL teams. Some may make offers. Each player will have to decide which is the best opportunity. No player wants an offer as TCF. History has shown very few players get actual offers and very few stick and have any sort of playing of financial success.

That said, Alford is a good example of sticking in the NFL. So Holm could have a chance of getting offers and making an NFL PR at the very least.

Good luck to him but I'd be sorry to lose him.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Holm has got serious speed, which every secondary is looking for....I think he has a legit shot at making it down there.

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on January 08, 2024, 11:27:13 PM
Holm has got serious speed, which every secondary is looking for....I think he has a legit shot at making it down there.

He has speed, but its his hips that will land him an NFL roster spot.  Like Alford before him.  Flipping hips is something you can't teach, either you have the ability or you don't.

He has it.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

the main impediments for Holm is his size at  5ft 11 182 lbs, his interception totals are mediocre as well, and its not because they aren't throwing to his area (he had 64 tackles and teams are avoiding Nichols on the other side.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on January 09, 2024, 05:00:50 PM
the main impediments for Holm is his size at  5ft 11 182 lbs, his interception totals are mediocre as well, and its not because they aren't throwing to his area (he had 64 tackles and teams are avoiding Nichols on the other side.

Funny, by the end of the year it seemed like they were throwing to Nichols side and avoiding Holm.

DM83

Ooh that?s bad news.
Holm is pretty good.

And Ards that?s the smartest thing you ever said about Holm flippin those hips and his burst to the ball is also special.  I can?t seeing him not make it.  More accurately what the hell was he doing in the CFL in the first place.?