Paul Boudreau

Started by bwiser, January 04, 2024, 12:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 04, 2024, 06:38:35 PM
Maybe O'Shea takes it over and they use the savings for raises for Buck and/or Walters?

Not a bad idea, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 04, 2024, 02:10:06 PM
I don't mind a change there but the "lack of creativity" probably should fall on O'Shea's lap, if you want to blame anyone. Special teams coaches don't choose when to employ fake punts, etc. For the most part, we haven't needed to do run those types of plays over the last few years. Instead, at least up until this past year, overwhelming consistency on the teams has been enough and probably the smartest play.

Oh, 100%. Was never suggesting it was a Boudreau issue. I?m just wondering what happened that made MOS so conservative.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 04, 2024, 06:38:35 PM
Maybe O'Shea takes it over and they use the savings for raises for Buck and/or Walters?

Was also wondering about this.
My wife is amazing!

ModAdmin

Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton
The Blue Bombers have confirmed to the Free Press that STC Paul Boudreau's contract will not be extended into the '24 season. Boudreau has been with the CFL club since '17, helping lead Wpg to four straight Grey Cups. It's unclear right now who will take over the now-vacant role.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

booch

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 04, 2024, 05:31:44 AM
Bombers used to be the most creative ST team in the league, haven't seen a hint of creativity the past two seasons.
Have to agree here, we probably have done the least amount of creativity, and or trickery than any team in league the last few yrs. Why is that?....who knows....was it MOS didn't put as much into it as he used to, as that was his real bread and butter, or did things just go stale, and new blood needed to be injected....likely handful of both

GCn19

A needed move by the Bombers. When the trinity sat down to evaluate ST play I am sure that they were all in agreement that the last year, or even two, left a lot to be desired. MOS would never pull the trigger on a coordinator unless it was warranted.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Dodge and Burn

I would laugh if little Dickey came back into this role.  :D
It's not the violin, it's the violinist

booch

In the end it's the GM pulling the trigger when all evaluation is done with HC and possibly OC and DC.

same with hiring....HC will have his preferred choice in what he wants and his candidates, but in the end, it will be the G.M stamping the approval....or asking for other options....He is the boss and for most part and it's his team when all said and done

Show me an instance where a HC has fired his G.M

booch

Quote from: Dodge and Burn on January 05, 2024, 05:36:49 PM
I would laugh if little Dickey came back into this role.  :D
It's likely Osh takes over the role, and it makes for an easier Admin cap use with Buck likely earning more this yr, as well as Osh's larger salary and whatever bump Walter's received

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: booch on January 05, 2024, 05:43:57 PM
It's likely Osh takes over the role, and it makes for an easier Admin cap use with Buck likely earning more this yr, as well as Osh's larger salary and whatever bump Walter's received

Maybe, but not without an assistant to take care of the day to day details, I don't think O'Shea wants or needs to take on extra work. I think he started out doing both jobs and can't recall when he gave up control of ST, but I believe Boudreau has been the only STC he's employed.

Pete

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 05, 2024, 06:38:01 PM
Maybe, but not without an assistant to take care of the day to day details, I don't think O'Shea wants or needs to take on extra work. I think he started out doing both jobs and can't recall when he gave up control of ST, but I believe Boudreau has been the only STC he's employed.
With the veteran laden team we have, , and the well experienced other coaches, Og any coach in the league O'Shea is best positioned to take on extra. He himself always goes on about how little he has to coach because the locker-room tend to police themselves.

GCn19

GMs don't lose their jobs when coordinators fail, HCs do. If the Bombers are an organization where the HC does not pick his own coordinators coming and going then I doubt we would have the success we have had. If a GM orders a coach to fire a coordinator I don't want that GM anymore. The HC picks his staff. Nothing in the way MOS operates, nor any public account or comment I have ever heard, leads me to believe that MOS would allow that to happen. I am sure MOS would walk away before that.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Pigskin

I could see Mike Miller retiring and working with MOS as our new ST coach.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

OShea also believes that coaches should be paid  for success, with the operations cap that limits the options considerably

theaardvark

If Jones can be GM/HC/DC, Oshea can handle HC/STC...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 05, 2024, 10:13:01 PM
If Jones can be GM/HC/DC, Oshea can handle HC/STC...

How is Jones doing?
My wife is amazing!