Brady Olivera's NFL Tryout Status Update

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, January 03, 2024, 04:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on January 07, 2024, 02:58:54 PM
Brady doesn't have much of a chance in the NFL, but he wants to set a new price point for RB's in the CFL. I think he signs with the highest bidder and I don't think that will be us.

I believe we'll be the highest bidding team. I think he's more valuable to us than to anyone else.

I don't think the price will be what he's expecting.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 07, 2024, 03:43:52 PM
I believe we'll be the highest bidding team. I think he's more valuable to us than to anyone else.

I don't think the price will be what he's expecting.

Agree, Brady would throw a lot of collateral benefits of being a hometown boy away if he signed elsewhere, can't see him making that mistake.  Expect him to drive a hard bargain and be rewarded well, but within reason.

theaardvark

Quote from: TBURGESS on January 07, 2024, 02:58:54 PM
Brady doesn't have much of a chance in the NFL, but he wants to set a new price point for RB's in the CFL. I think he signs with the highest bidder and I don't think that will be us.

We don't have to match to land him, we could be his third best offer, and he'd still sign here.  Both for familiarity and economy... and playoff money
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Don't think the Lions would be an option.  Condos here rent from $2500 (pretty basic) to $4000 per month.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 08, 2024, 12:38:25 AM
Don't think the Lions would be an option.  Condos here rent from $2500 (pretty basic) to $4000 per month.
and the Lions don't have anywhere near the commitment to the running game as we do here, really, nobody does. His best career option is to stay where he is

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 07, 2024, 09:59:02 PM
We don't have to match to land him, we could be his third best offer, and he'd still sign here.  Both for familiarity and economy... and playoff money

That would only be true if the offers are close enough to make our offer - after considering the economic differences - the highest.

Don't expect a home town discount with Brady. Outside of Bailey and Bighill, that doesn't really happen. We've consistently had to pay our stars at the top of the pay scale to get and keep them here.
My wife is amazing!

TBURGESS

Quote from: theaardvark on January 07, 2024, 09:59:02 PM
I don't think so. He wants to set the new standard for RB pay and other teams will pay up to get him. He solves 2 issues... Cdn talent & top RB. For example, the Riders could pick him up and use the newly created import position to help fix their O line.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.