Nathan Rourke changes teams

Started by Horseman, December 27, 2023, 03:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

He likely still won?t see the field all year. What a waste!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 01, 2024, 04:34:03 PM
He likely still won?t see the field all year. What a waste!

His earnings for sitting on the PR and not actually playing in a game is not a bad deal. Now he's on the AR and getting more money even while he's an inactive.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 01, 2024, 09:42:31 PM
His earnings for sitting on the PR and not actually playing in a game is not a bad deal. Now he's on the AR and getting more money even while he's an inactive.
I could care less about his salaries. It is a waste of football talent.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 02, 2024, 01:06:18 AM

He's still only 25 years old, so theoretically if he tires of being kicked around the NFL, he could come back to the CFL and play another 10 years.  I don't think that will happen though, he might come back for a few years but I think his mindset will always be to jump at any NFL opportunity offered him.

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 02, 2024, 01:06:18 AM
Yes, it is a waste of talent, but look at what Flutie had to go through to get his shot. NR will get his shot, he just has to bide his time and pay his dues. A great rookie year in the CFL doesn't get him to the front of the line. He'll get there and do great when he does.

DCM

Mac Jones is inactive and the third quarterback today, so pending if/how bad Zappe plays, Rourke could see field action today.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Jesse

Quote from: DCM on January 07, 2024, 03:38:47 PM
Mac Jones is inactive and the third quarterback today, so pending if/how bad Zappe plays, Rourke could see field action today.

Interesting
My wife is amazing!

DCM

I'm truly actually surprised that he stuck with Zappe all game. Even knowing Belichicks history.. still.

Pete

New England Zappe was 12 for 30 for 88 yards and 2 interceptions and scored 3 points. Rourke has to wonder if he's gonna get a legitimate shot.
A meaningless game for them with a terrible performance by their offence and he's still riding the bench.

dd

Quote from: Pete on January 07, 2024, 08:59:30 PM
New England Zappe was 12 for 30 for 88 yards and 2 interceptions and scored 3 points. Rourke has to wonder if he's gonna get a legitimate shot.
A meaningless game for them with a terrible performance by their offence and he's still riding the bench.
Will be interesting to see how this week's practice goes....Rourke is on the crusp of getting into the game, and next week if Zappe sucks, he'll be zapped and Rourke will get his shot

DM83

Rourke will be back in BC within the year.
Then the BC QB what?s his name?, will be crying, blessing God, and selling bling.

DCM

Quote from: dd on January 07, 2024, 11:38:36 PM
Will be interesting to see how this week's practice goes....Rourke is on the crusp of getting into the game, and next week if Zappe sucks, he'll be zapped and Rourke will get his shot
This was the last regular season game.

Jesse

I think people really underestimated how long this journey would take for Rourke. He's an undrafted QB with zero history with any of these coaches. He went from a PR spot to appearing as #2 in a game. This was more progress then expected. He still may never get his shot, but baring a bunch of injuries, this was probably his best case scenario for this year.
My wife is amazing!