Nathan Rourke changes teams

Started by Horseman, December 27, 2023, 03:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horseman

The New England Patriots picked up Nathan Rourke and he is now trying to learn their playbook. Thoughts?

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Horseman on December 27, 2023, 03:10:28 PM
The New England Patriots picked up Nathan Rourke and he is now trying to learn their playbook. Thoughts?
Would love to see him play before the end of the season.....he certainly got jacked around by the Jags after showing such promise in the preseason.   I feel if given an opportunity he will excel down there..,,
Bomber fan for life

Pete

Rourke ends up earning 395k this year, unless New England gives him a better opportunity, we may see him sooner than we anticipated. Right now the Pats don't have a strong qb but who knows what moves they will make in the off season, (and what they spend on that position)
With the Jags every time their #1 qb (Lawrence) got hurt he recovered just in time to play. Rourke went to them thinking he would get a chance to compete for the #2, but right from the start of the season their coach made it clear he was third on the depth chart.
I too really think he just needs the opportunity but whether that happens who knows.

Horseman

I would love to see him get a chance in a game and see what he can do, maybe he would open up the eyes of these American coaches to realize the Canadian kid can play and be successful.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pete on December 27, 2023, 10:28:40 PM
Rourke ends up earning 395k this year, unless New England gives him a better opportunity, we may see him sooner than we anticipated. Right now the Pats don't have a strong qb but who knows what moves they will make in the off season, (and what they spend on that position)
With the Jags every time their #1 qb (Lawrence) got hurt he recovered just in time to play. Rourke went to them thinking he would get a chance to compete for the #2, but right from the start of the season their coach made it clear he was third on the depth chart.
I too really think he just needs the opportunity but whether that happens who knows.

$395K?  He's on the Pats AR for the rest of the season, getting game checks... where did the $395k number come from?

And that would be USD, right?  so clost to what Collaros makes, just for sitting on the bench.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Horseman

Quote from: theaardvark on December 28, 2023, 09:03:36 PM
$395K?  He's on the Pats AR for the rest of the season, getting game checks... where did the $395k number come from?

And that would be USD, right?  so clost to what Collaros makes, just for sitting on the bench.

Not too bad, not too bad at all.

peg_city

395 came from 3downnation.

I think why 3downnation mentioned that number is because CFL teams will offer him Collaros money come spring if he is still on the PR.

It's going to really suck if he doesn't stay in the NFL.

Pete

Its about 80000 get less than Collaros (Zac is at 600k) and i would think he'd get what Kelly did which is 625k, but Rourke is a competitor used to being "The Guy" so sitting on the bench or worse not even getting on the field has to suck.
If he has to go through another year like this one the nfl is going to lose its luster.

Tiger

Rourke is getting a hard look and may see field.  He was never seeing the field with Jags as long as Sunshine is there. Patriots have serious QB issues. Given injuries there are only a few good choices in the draft: Penix, Williams, Daniel?s and arguably Nix. Rourke is a freebie that you don?t need to trade for or use a draft pick on.  Smart move by the Prince of Darkness Mr Belichuk.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Horseman

C'mon Bellichick put the kid in, you are out of the playoffs anyway, so go and see what all your QB's can do under live game conditions. You may find the next great one.

DCM

Quote from: Horseman on December 31, 2023, 03:30:41 PM
C'mon Bellichick put the kid in, you are out of the playoffs anyway, so go and see what all your QB's can do under live game conditions. You may find the next great one.
He isn't active.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Jesse

Quote from: DCM on December 31, 2023, 06:43:27 PM
He isn't active.

Doesn't he have to be active for three games because they plucked him off another team's PR?
My wife is amazing!

Horseman

Quote from: DCM on December 31, 2023, 06:43:27 PM
He isn't active.

Yes he was, the article says he would be dressed as the number 3 QB.

DCM

Quote from: Horseman on January 01, 2024, 03:18:35 PM
Yes he was, the article says he would be dressed as the number 3 QB.
I guess being on the inactive list means nothing?

https://www.patriots.com/news/week-17-inactives-patriots-vs-bills

He wasn't playing.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here